Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Default speaking of teeth AND essential oils

I was reading about TruDog (spray me) for dogs teeth and general health and these are the ingredients " Distilled Water, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Peppermint Oil, Grape Seed Extract, Grain Alcohol, Rosemary Oil, Thyme Oil and Neem Oil "
    ... all except the "grain Alcohol which I would prefer not to use) seemed great and the reviews are great. I would think *someone* here would have done a nice tooth spray and wondering if they would share their thoughts on either this, or theirs. I believe I lost my shih Tzu (at 15) too young due to teeth issues/heart so want to prevent anything I can

2. Likes sisters3, helsonwheels liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: speaking of teeth AND essential oils

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    I was reading about TruDog (spray me) for dogs teeth and general health and these are the ingredients " Distilled Water, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Peppermint Oil, Grape Seed Extract, Grain Alcohol, Rosemary Oil, Thyme Oil and Neem Oil "
    ... all except the "grain Alcohol which I would prefer not to use) seemed great and the reviews are great. I would think *someone* here would have done a nice tooth spray and wondering if they would share their thoughts on either this, or theirs. I believe I lost my shih Tzu (at 15) too young due to teeth issues/heart so want to prevent anything I can
    Interesting! I'll be watching this thread for updates!! @helsowheels Helene might know of a recipe
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

4. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Ive heard Leba III Pet Dental Spray is good, but haven't used it on my dog. I've been giving my dogs 1/8 tsp daily of Starwest Botanical organic kelp ( Ascophyllum nodosum ) which is supposed to make plaque not accumulate but I don't know if it's working. It's also supposed to be a good source of trace minerals so it can't hurt. I gave some to a friend and his dog doesn't like the taste of it, but my dogs don't mind. I recently saw a dog show on tv that compared brushing teeth daily to a dentachew biscuit daily to a special dry kibble and the brushing of teeth arm won by a landslide.So, the best is if you can brush your dogs teeth daily.

6. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Grain Alcohol is a no no. You know, just neem or coconut oil will do. I know a dentist and he said to me once a while back, if everyone would use half a teaspoon of Coconut oil and swich around in their mouth 3-5 mins and teeth, like a rinse, dentist would be out of a job. Kills all bacteria and you will never get cavities! Best part is it whitens your teeth!!!!!

The other one is neem. 10yrs ago ive asked one of my coworker Mr Seyed Science teacher from Bombay/India which he visited his mom each year in India n asked him to bring me neem toothpaste. These days you'll find it in your health food store. Neem is a tree that grows in India and when they have their grasshopper invasion that swarms through all their crops, trees and all and they really distory all but the neem tree which is the only tree that is not touched! These grasshoppers are not the little guys but 4-6" long and kills crops. You always wonder why the people from India has white teeth like REALLY white? They chew on neem twigs!! So there you go in Hawaii nice solid white teeth cause of Coconut oil n India same thing cause of neem twigs!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Very interesting stuff both of you ! I'm all set with coconut oil I wish I could use a toothbrush in his mouth too.. Wonder if I can find need anywhere.. Wouldn't that be great to pick up neem sticks here and just let him chew on those sticks instead of naughty sticks..Thanks

10. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    Very interesting stuff both of you ! I'm all set with coconut oil I wish I could use a toothbrush in his mouth too.. Wonder if I can find need anywhere.. Wouldn't that be great to pick up neem sticks here and just let him chew on those sticks instead of naughty sticks..Thanks
    You can get CO in spray. Check your health food store.

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

hummm,, I will check for the spray... would that liquid coconut oil (cant think of the name) spray through a bottle I wonder, and just use that?? And would you know what the dilution , IF I got neem oil, of drops to add to spray would be? ... also @Dollys Owner, I have been using some of the solid gold sea meal, or GreenMin from dr Dobias, or Kelp powder by Now,,, I alternate His teeth at this poing lookin good, but surly going to smear or spray coconut oil.............. on him AND me ;0

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Grain Alcohol is a no no. You know, just neem or coconut oil will do. I know a dentist and he said to me once a while back, if everyone would use half a teaspoon of Coconut oil and swich around in their mouth 3-5 mins and teeth, like a rinse, dentist would be out of a job. Kills all bacteria and you will never get cavities! Best part is it whitens your teeth!!!!!

The other one is neem. 10yrs ago ive asked one of my coworker Mr Seyed Science teacher from Bombay/India which he visited his mom each year in India n asked him to bring me neem toothpaste. These days you'll find it in your health food store. Neem is a tree that grows in India and when they have their grasshopper invasion that swarms through all their crops, trees and all and they really distory all but the neem tree which is the only tree that is not touched! These grasshoppers are not the little guys but 4-6" long and kills crops. You always wonder why the people from India has white teeth like REALLY white? They chew on neem twigs!! So there you go in Hawaii nice solid white teeth cause of Coconut oil n India same thing cause of neem twigs!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

A walking book of healthy knowledge... that you are
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

14. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

You have to use organic kelp of this particular strain: Ascophyllum nodosum , to help with teeth, not just any strain.

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

the "now' luminaria digitata and ascophylium nodosum... hope that other thing is ok too
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    You have to use organic kelp of this particular strain: Ascophyllum nodosum , to help with teeth, not just any strain.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Very interesting stuff!
    Kalyn, mom to rescue boys:
    English Bulldog, DOB: March 3, 2010, rescued May 26, 2014
    American Cocker Spaniel, DOB: September 25, 2010, rescued June 1, 2011
    Domestic Shorthair Cat, DOB: November 2013, rescued December 6, 2017

18. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

so, I ordered (and received) some 'neem bark powder'... you can put on food even (which I did just a pinch) but I'm also going to make a coconut oil/neem toothpaste... It sais it's great for digestion stuff as well...... and make a 'flea powder' if ya like as per @Vikinggirl

Remove Ads