"heat" cycle

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy got her 1st season today.....as my first baby girl I only know what I have read, so am looking for advise and tips off anyone who has been here.

I'm reading that a season lasts atound 3weeks?
1 wk coming......clear then cloudy yellowish sometimes smelly discharge...often missed by inexperienced parents....yup we missed that :eek:

1 wk here....bleeding

1 wk going....spotting and darker brownish discharge.

Poor baby she is clingy and out of sorts this morning.
What do I need to know, do, will supplements help? If so what? Will she be ok?

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
She will be just fine. :) The week of bleeding comes first and is the worst, because they are messy and moody, just like women :) but from 9-15 days make sure she stays away from any males as this is their fertile time. Most females stop bleeding after the 7 days, but some will bleed or have a discharge a little longer.
Congratulations Lucy! You are growing up! ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just as bjfarms said, she will be fine. Just try to make her comfortable during her cycle, just like us she will be moody, crampy and out of sorts. I like to give my girls some extra special treats during their time, just so she doesn't think she being punished at all for bleeding on the floors/bedding! My girls prefer to stay in their crates when they are having their cycle. I don't even have to ask. Almost like they know they don't want to make a mess in mama's house..... :lol:

Extra petting and loving during this time is good too. You never know what she is thinking about the whole thing, so some reassurance is good to enforce upon her. Something really fun to chew on to help settle the hormones would not hurt either.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

She does seem a little nonplussed but so far so good.
Extra snuggles have been given today and a new toy and treats :)

I'm just a silly bully mummy worrying for nothing like we do :D

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
I have 3 females and 4 months ago I got another female.
What is the youngest age your female has come into her first heat cycle?
How long did they bleed?

My other 3 girls are very much like clockwork. 2 are adults, one is only 9 months and then the "new" girl.
She does not fit the "norm" compared to my others or what I have read, so I am starting to get concerned.

I await your reply,
Thanks,
Good Day~

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I have been waiting for this. How old is Lucy now? Gypsy is 7 months and I am just waiting for it to begin. I have never been through it either so I am a bit nervous. I was also wondering if a neutered male will even really notice?

OP
L

Lucy-licious

I think a neutered male will notice cos my mums boy started acting weird even before Lucy visibly hit season. She's 13months old now :) only thing was after her first season around 6 weeks later she had another :eek: We panicked incase something bad had happened but the vet told us it is uncommon but notbunheard of for young girls to bleed again when their hormones go back down to normal levels after season, this takes around 6weeks. I always knew my girl was special. It's not unusual for girls to have a silent season though from whet some members here told me.

dawnhorse

Feb 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
my female english bulldog is 10 months old and started her heat cycle on sept 29th it is oct 18th today and she is still bleeding and swollen. is it normal fo rit to last that long? my american bulldog female stays in heat for almost 2 months so i wasnt sure.

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I no how you feel luc. Coco started her cycle on Wednesday. I don't have a clue. :(. She's acting really weird tho. She's sleeping a lot more and av noticed she's not playing as much bless her.
We're have out baby's gone ?? To sed to my chap I need another bully pup lol.

Xxxx

OP
L

Lucy-licious

I no how you feel luc. Coco started her cycle on Wednesday. I don't have a clue. :(. She's acting really weird tho. She's sleeping a lot more and av noticed she's not playing as much bless her.
We're have out baby's gone ?? To sed to my chap I need another bully pup lol.

Xxxx

Coco will return to her loving self when its all over....think how bad we feel when it's our time. Sweet Coco probably is feeling just the same. Extra cuddles and lots of love helps Lucy through xx

Hkvanhart

Mar 24, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
my female english bulldog is 10 months old and started her heat cycle on sept 29th it is oct 18th today and she is still bleeding and swollen. is it normal fo rit to last that long? my american bulldog female stays in heat for almost 2 months so i wasnt sure.

My girl got her first cycle 4 days shy of being 9 months and bled for about a full month. I took her to the vet because it was so much longer than what most people said it would be. She was also dripping everywhere so had to live in the diapers for most of the day. The vet said it was totally normal that all dogs are different like humans. It makes me wonder how bad her second will be. Her first was sept 28 and she hasn’t had her second one yet.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.