Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phlegm flem chesty in mornings milo 5 months old

Country
    wales gwent uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    milo
    Likes (Received)

Default phlegm flem chesty in mornings milo 5 months old

hi. when Milo wakes in the morning he coughs up phlegm and is very chesty, but as the day goes on he is fine- a bit chesty now and again but nothing like in the morning. He is eating and playing fine and we have tried lemon juice, cough syrup, and he has had antibiotics but nothing completly clears it. He is going back to the vet tomorrow to maybe book him in for a scan, any advice on what else we could try? Thanks, Simon and Vicky xxx

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: phlegm flem chesty in mornings milo 5 months old

It could be environmental allergies... have you tried giving benedryl or zrytex before bed to see if it helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

3. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Country
    wales gwent uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    milo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    It could be environmental allergies... have you tried giving benedryl or zrytex before bed to see if it helps?

ok thanks

we have not tried it yet but ive got benedryl here how much should i give him hes 5 months old and weight is 13kg thanks

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by everton View Post
    ok thanks

we have not tried it yet but ive got benedryl here how much should i give him hes 5 months old and weight is 13kg thanks
    1mg per pound 2x a day

e.

Country
    wales gwent uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    milo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    1mg per pound 2x a day

ok many thanks give it a try this evening

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

hi. when Milo wakes in the morning he coughs up phlegm and is very chesty, but as the day goes on he is fine- a bit chesty now and again but nothing like in the morning. He is eating and playing fine and we have tried lemon juice, cough syrup, and he has had antibiotics but nothing completly clears it. He is going back to the vet tomorrow to maybe book him in for a scan, any advice on what else we could try? Thanks, Simon and Vicky xxx
    When I bought Nyala home at 3 months old, she was doing fine. At 5 months she caught a cold had to be put on antibiotics for 7 days**she had green snots, guk coming out of her nose n eyes 24/7 I have a diffuser ultrasonic ionizer and I decided to do my own mix that I use for my breathing when I get all stuffed up at night. My diffuser is on all day n night. Has a timer. It took 2 days for all to clear Nyala's cold n guk. I put the diffuser towards her kennel while she was sleeping. I swear it worked better and faster than her pills. BUT I still gave her the antibiotics.*Respiratory/Colds (In the diffuser. Cup size in diffuser is about 1/2cup)This was for her nights but you can also use daytime. I leave it all day also so when she's roaming around the house she gets to clear her lungs. Again I have a timer on mine. 3 drops of Eucalyptus 3 drops of Peppermint 3 drops of Lavender 2 drops of Lemon. Oil and water DO NOT mix why you need a diffuser that is ultrasonic ionizer cause the vibration is so fast it breaks the oils in the water.

I can swear by this mix as it truly worked for Nyala. I still do this mix on regular basis asits great fro allergies even for us.

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    wales gwent uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    milo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    When I bought Nyala home at 3 months old, she was doing fine. At 5 months she caught a cold had to be put on antibiotics for 7 days**she had green snots, guk coming out of her nose n eyes 24/7 I have a diffuser ultrasonic ionizer and I decided to do my own mix that I use for my breathing when I get all stuffed up at night. My diffuser is on all day n night. Has a timer. It took 2 days for all to clear Nyala's cold n guk. I put the diffuser towards her kennel while she was sleeping. I swear it worked better and faster than her pills. BUT I still gave her the antibiotics.*Respiratory/Colds (In the diffuser. Cup size in diffuser is about 1/2cup)This was for her nights but you can also use daytime. I leave it all day also so when she's roaming around the house she gets to clear her lungs. Again I have a timer on mine. 3 drops of Eucalyptus 3 drops of Peppermint 3 drops of Lavender 2 drops of Lemon. Oil and water DO NOT mix why you need a diffuser that is ultrasonic ionizer cause the vibration is so fast it breaks the oils in the water.

I can swear by this mix as it truly worked for Nyala. I still do this mix on regular basis asits great fro allergies even for us.
    just bought a ultrasonic diffuser with timer and also got all the drops just put it on now .see how he goes many thanks for all your help great people on this forum

12. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Hopfully the drops will do the trick... I also love to use these oils! ... One thing that came to mind was, Hank at around 6 months I noticed the same of which you speak. He didn't have snot or anything just sounded chesty and would cough out crap, and then be done with it for the day. It really bothered me and had two vets (one that's now HIS vet .. a bulldog vet) both check him and lungs were clear. Wellllll, he had the soft palate surgery (and nares) and after healing, I noticed he was no longer 'chesty'. Whew! I didn't have it done for that reason and didn't know it would effect him but boy was I ever happy with that extra bonus.!! Just a thought

Country
    wales gwent uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    milo
    Likes (Received)

milo had soft palate surgery today hes staying in vets overnite cant wait to see him hope this cures this problem they vet-photo-1010110-jpg told us to wait until the was around 9 months old before they do the surgery , thanks for your help i will keep you posted on this condition

15. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

milo had soft palate surgery today hes staying in vets overnite cant wait to see him hope this cures this problem they vet-photo-1010110-jpg told us to wait until the was around 9 months old before they do the surgery , thanks for your help i will keep you posted on this condition
    Thanks for keeping us posted!! Good Luck Milo, We love you!!

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

oh good!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you will be so happy that you had it done. I feel like it has given Hank such a better life,, the very most important thing to do when he comes home is keep him quiet for the whole time that is suggested and soft food so as not to irritate.. (ours was 2 weeks, and it was horrible as he wanted so bad tg play) ....They can swell up and its very dangerous so do what you have to do for that time. I have a huge yard but would only take him out on a leash as he wanted to bolt and panting is a huge no no!!! .. I don't mean to sound harsh, but it can happen fast. Otherwise, it's just easy peasy.. Let us know when he's home... and sure be nice to have an update pic ............. when he's feeling better of course

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Positive thoughts for a quick recovery! keep us posted
    e.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads