lcliff87

Apr 24, 2016
Sanibel, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Samie and Hercules
Hey guys,
My rescue bully Hercules (not sure age but vet thinks between 8-11) had been urinating more often than usual and having accidents in the house. Upon taking him to the vet, I was told that he had blood in his urine and probably had a bladder infection. After our return visit in two 2 weeks with no change in symptoms he had X-rays taken which showed bladder stones. The vet also notified me that he had stones in his prostate which could possibly be prostate cancer. :( I am beyond devastated because he has been through so much and was in such rough shape when I got him 2 years ago and has been battling Cushing's disease, arthritis, etc. Now he is in great spirits and has completely changed into a new dog. I am heartbroken to have to see him go through more pain. I have decided to take him in for surgery next week to remove the bladder stones and biopsy his prostate. Does anyone have any experience with bladder stone removal? Or diagnosis of prostate cancer? I read that it is aggressive in dogs and I am very worried for my little man. Any advice or input would be truly appreciated!
Lauren and Hercules

Attachments

• IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    407.9 KB · Views: 127

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
:assurred: I dont have experience in this situation but I know others have. Hang in there they will answer you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beautiful boy! Thank you for giving him such a loving new life [emoji173]

A few have experience with kidney stones that might be able to give some insight.

Sending lots of hugs, prayers and positive thoughts to you and Hercules.
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=8518]sunkissedpr1ncs[/MENTION] [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] [MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So sorry you're going through this. What työ of Stones does he have? That is very important to know before any good advice can Be given.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO very sorry to read this, my boxer had cushings disease but I don't have any experience w/the stones. I hope the surgery goes well, and please keep us posted...

OP
L

lcliff87

Apr 24, 2016
Sanibel, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Samie and Hercules
So sorry you're going through this. What työ of Stones does he have? That is very important to know before any good advice can Be given.

The vet didn't tell me what kind of stones they were. The only diagonsis was on X-ray. I assume they will biopsy them after the removal. The vet informed me that it would be dangerous if one of the stones tried to pass through his bladder and got stuck and it was unable to urinate. And because of the possible chance of prostate cancer, which needs a biopsy for a true diagnosis, the best approach would be to remove them and get the biopsy all in the same time.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If there is stones in the bladder there will be crystals in the urine that can be analyzed. Also other signs of cancer can be detected from the urine. But I'm sure your vet will know what is best, since he has examined the dog. Hopefully it is not cancer. The stone operation is not that big of a deal compared to that. In most cases the dog will recover in a week or so.

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
Hey guys,
My rescue bully Hercules (not sure age but vet thinks between 8-11) had been urinating more often than usual and having accidents in the house. Upon taking him to the vet, I was told that he had blood in his urine and probably had a bladder infection. After our return visit in two 2 weeks with no change in symptoms he had X-rays taken which showed bladder stones. The vet also notified me that he had stones in his prostate which could possibly be prostate cancer. :( I am beyond devastated because he has been through so much and was in such rough shape when I got him 2 years ago and has been battling Cushing's disease, arthritis, etc. Now he is in great spirits and has completely changed into a new dog. I am heartbroken to have to see him go through more pain. I have decided to take him in for surgery next week to remove the bladder stones and biopsy his prostate. Does anyone have any experience with bladder stone removal? Or diagnosis of prostate cancer? I read that it is aggressive in dogs and I am very worried for my little man. Any advice or input would be truly appreciated!
Lauren and Hercules

Our girl Leiah, kept getting bladder infections. Ultimately we found she had bladder "gravel", tiny sones. The surgery was tough, but she recovered and lived several more years! And yes, she did have a "weak bladder" so couldn't be left alone all day uncrated while we were at work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
What a sweet boy! Cannot offer any advice on this but little Hercules will be in our thoughts.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Such a beautiful Boy... Hoping and praying that its something simple..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.