Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello everyone, just an update, Moshe is not doing well, he has severe diarrhea and looks like he is in discomfort, I believe from the strong antibiotics. I will call the vet as soon as they open to see if we can reduce the amount of antibiotic given to him, which is Cephalexin. Prayers needed for my bully Moshe :pray:

That could be it.... sending prayers. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

blondiegirl18

Apr 26, 2017
Hollywood,California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
moshe
Thank you so much, I am so sad I do not like seeing my beautiful bully not feeling like himself :( I will keep you updated :-)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
So sorry to hear about Moshe. Try lower end of cephalexin dosage range, ie. 10 mg/pound twice daily. Try giving him a tablespoon of canned plain pumpkin daily to firm up his stools. Also, give him some doggie probiotics 4 hr after the cephalexin dose. Maybe switch him temporarily to boiled chicken and rice ? Not sure about last recommendation.

OP
B

blondiegirl18

Apr 26, 2017
Hollywood,California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
moshe
Hello Dollys Owner, yes I did not give him celaphaxin for 2 days now, i have been feeding him boiled chicken and rice!! That is amazing that you mentioned that, Moshe is not doing well, I am afraid to say it but he is not doing well. Today I will give him a small dosage of only 10mg/pound, he is 120 pounds, i will give him one 500mg in the morning with the boiled chicken and rice and one 500mg in the evening with boiled chiicken and rice.

Moshe is not doing well, last night we were contemplating maybe having to put him down, he was totally out of breath and we had the air conditioning running all night, :( I am so sad, I need prayers, thank you all for your help.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hello Dollys Owner, yes I did not give him celaphaxin for 2 days now, i have been feeding him boiled chicken and rice!! That is amazing that you mentioned that, Moshe is not doing well, I am afraid to say it but he is not doing well. Today I will give him a small dosage of only 10mg/pound, he is 120 pounds, i will give him one 500mg in the morning with the boiled chicken and rice and one 500mg in the evening with boiled chiicken and rice.

Moshe is not doing well, last night we were contemplating maybe having to put him down, he was totally out of breath and we had the air conditioning running all night, :( I am so sad, I need prayers, thank you all for your help.
Moshe is 120lbs?? Did you rush him to the vet for his breathing??? You cannot wait for things like that, they go fast once they start. Is he okay now? Also, how did we go from an ear infection to having to maybe put him down. This is not sounding right to me.

OP
B

blondiegirl18

Apr 26, 2017
Hollywood,California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
moshe
Hello, yes he is an olde english bulldog thats why he is 120 pounds. He is better now, im not sure what happened last night he was breathing hard and out of breathe so I took him to the 24 hour animal hospital and they gave him an injection to relax him and hes better now. I have the air conditioning running 24/7 for my moshe and us. I am not sure what is going on with him I took him to the vet this morning and they said to continue with the ear treatment , and that he may have another issue so we are going to do blood work and a urine sample to determine what if there is another issue, it is.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello, yes he is an olde english bulldog thats why he is 120 pounds. He is better now, im not sure what happened last night he was breathing hard and out of breathe so I took him to the 24 hour animal hospital and they gave him an injection to relax him and hes better now. I have the air conditioning running 24/7 for my moshe and us. I am not sure what is going on with him I took him to the vet this morning and they said to continue with the ear treatment , and that he may have another issue so we are going to do blood work and a urine sample to determine what if there is another issue, it is.

How old is he again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh okay... you had me worried for a minute there. Thank goodness he is okay now. And good thing you got him to the vet, thanks for clarifying. I sure hope all is okay and the blood work comes back clear!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
He is 10 almost 11 years old, Hes doing ok right now praying for the best.

Thank you for updating on his status and clarifying some things for us.

Glad Moshe is feeling better and certainly continuing to pray for him (and y'all).

Please do update on Moshe, I love OEB's... great job on a 10/11 yr old <3.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
boy, I don't know how I missed this but now so worrysome... prayers..

OP
B

blondiegirl18

Apr 26, 2017
Hollywood,California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
moshe
Thank you I was very worried also! I will keep you all updated, moshes sleeping and hopefully this medicine heals him.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks and prayers for your baby,,,, and you.. Gosh, this is certainly the tough part of loving them so much.
Thank you I was very worried also! I will keep you all updated, moshes sleeping and hopefully this medicine heals him.

OP
B

blondiegirl18

Apr 26, 2017
Hollywood,California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
moshe
Thank you all so much: heres an update: The vet said his blood work and his urine sample all came out fine and normal. He said it most likely is the ear infection and to continue Cephalaxin until finished. He is still having diarrhea but it is not bloody anymore and he is improving!! Thank you all so much, I appreciate all the advice && Prayers :) Thank you I will look into purchasing that probiotic :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.