Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 31

Thread: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

  1. #13
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,005
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2132

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    Glad to hear he's better ! What food do you have him on ? Sometimes food allergies can cause ear infections.

    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegirl18 View Post
    Thank you ! My Moshe is feeling better already, he is back at sitting in front of the pantry looking at his snacks! He is also eating his bulldog food! Yaye!!

  2. #14
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,094
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17198

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegirl18 View Post
    The doctor prescribed Otomax ear drops, and Cephalexin Antibiotics to remove the ear infection. Thank you for everything will keep you all updated!
    Great news! He'll be all better soon


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #15
    Newbie
    Real Name
    Natalie
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Hollywood,California
    Posts
    22
    Bulldog(s) Names
    moshe
    Likes (Received)
    32

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    Hello everyone, just an update, Moshe is not doing well, he has severe diarrhea and looks like he is in discomfort, I believe from the strong antibiotics. I will call the vet as soon as they open to see if we can reduce the amount of antibiotic given to him, which is Cephalexin. Prayers needed for my bully Moshe

  4. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
  5. #16
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,094
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17198

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegirl18 View Post
    Hello everyone, just an update, Moshe is not doing well, he has severe diarrhea and looks like he is in discomfort, I believe from the strong antibiotics. I will call the vet as soon as they open to see if we can reduce the amount of antibiotic given to him, which is Cephalexin. Prayers needed for my bully Moshe
    That could be it.... sending prayers. Keep us posted


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  6. #17
    Newbie
    Real Name
    Natalie
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Hollywood,California
    Posts
    22
    Bulldog(s) Names
    moshe
    Likes (Received)
    32

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    Thank you so much, I am so sad I do not like seeing my beautiful bully not feeling like himself I will keep you updated :-)

  7. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
  8. #18
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,005
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2132

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    So sorry to hear about Moshe. Try lower end of cephalexin dosage range, ie. 10 mg/pound twice daily. Try giving him a tablespoon of canned plain pumpkin daily to firm up his stools. Also, give him some doggie probiotics 4 hr after the cephalexin dose. Maybe switch him temporarily to boiled chicken and rice ? Not sure about last recommendation.

  9. Likes blondiegirl18 liked this post
  10. #19
    Newbie
    Real Name
    Natalie
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Hollywood,California
    Posts
    22
    Bulldog(s) Names
    moshe
    Likes (Received)
    32

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    Hello Dollys Owner, yes I did not give him celaphaxin for 2 days now, i have been feeding him boiled chicken and rice!! That is amazing that you mentioned that, Moshe is not doing well, I am afraid to say it but he is not doing well. Today I will give him a small dosage of only 10mg/pound, he is 120 pounds, i will give him one 500mg in the morning with the boiled chicken and rice and one 500mg in the evening with boiled chiicken and rice.

    Moshe is not doing well, last night we were contemplating maybe having to put him down, he was totally out of breath and we had the air conditioning running all night, I am so sad, I need prayers, thank you all for your help.

  11. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
  12. #20
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,475
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6241

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegirl18 View Post
    Hello Dollys Owner, yes I did not give him celaphaxin for 2 days now, i have been feeding him boiled chicken and rice!! That is amazing that you mentioned that, Moshe is not doing well, I am afraid to say it but he is not doing well. Today I will give him a small dosage of only 10mg/pound, he is 120 pounds, i will give him one 500mg in the morning with the boiled chicken and rice and one 500mg in the evening with boiled chiicken and rice.

    Moshe is not doing well, last night we were contemplating maybe having to put him down, he was totally out of breath and we had the air conditioning running all night, I am so sad, I need prayers, thank you all for your help.
    Moshe is 120lbs?? Did you rush him to the vet for his breathing??? You cannot wait for things like that, they go fast once they start. Is he okay now? Also, how did we go from an ear infection to having to maybe put him down. This is not sounding right to me.

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  14. #21
    Newbie
    Real Name
    Natalie
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Hollywood,California
    Posts
    22
    Bulldog(s) Names
    moshe
    Likes (Received)
    32

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    Hello, yes he is an olde english bulldog thats why he is 120 pounds. He is better now, im not sure what happened last night he was breathing hard and out of breathe so I took him to the 24 hour animal hospital and they gave him an injection to relax him and hes better now. I have the air conditioning running 24/7 for my moshe and us. I am not sure what is going on with him I took him to the vet this morning and they said to continue with the ear treatment , and that he may have another issue so we are going to do blood work and a urine sample to determine what if there is another issue, it is.

  15. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
  16. #22
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,094
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17198

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegirl18 View Post
    Hello, yes he is an olde english bulldog thats why he is 120 pounds. He is better now, im not sure what happened last night he was breathing hard and out of breathe so I took him to the 24 hour animal hospital and they gave him an injection to relax him and hes better now. I have the air conditioning running 24/7 for my moshe and us. I am not sure what is going on with him I took him to the vet this morning and they said to continue with the ear treatment , and that he may have another issue so we are going to do blood work and a urine sample to determine what if there is another issue, it is.
    How old is he again?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  17. #23
    Newbie
    Real Name
    Natalie
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Hollywood,California
    Posts
    22
    Bulldog(s) Names
    moshe
    Likes (Received)
    32

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    He is 10 almost 11 years old, Hes doing ok right now praying for the best.

  18. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
  19. #24
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,475
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6241

    Default Re: Bulldog not acting normal, closing eyes and opening mouth halfway.

    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegirl18 View Post
    Hello, yes he is an olde english bulldog thats why he is 120 pounds. He is better now, im not sure what happened last night he was breathing hard and out of breathe so I took him to the 24 hour animal hospital and they gave him an injection to relax him and hes better now. I have the air conditioning running 24/7 for my moshe and us. I am not sure what is going on with him I took him to the vet this morning and they said to continue with the ear treatment , and that he may have another issue so we are going to do blood work and a urine sample to determine what if there is another issue, it is.
    Oh okay... you had me worried for a minute there. Thank goodness he is okay now. And good thing you got him to the vet, thanks for clarifying. I sure hope all is okay and the blood work comes back clear!

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  20. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •