Started fllea and tick protection today

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Temperature reached 21 celsius in Toronto today and I saw mosquitoes out at night, so started putting K9 Advantix II tick and flea protection on the girls today. Don't need heartworm protection till June.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Temperature reached 21 celsius in Toronto today and I saw mosquitoes out at night, so started putting K9 Advantix II tick and flea protection on the girls today. Don't need heartworm protection till June.

21 :jawdrop: thats where our heat went to! :cursing::tapfoot:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I hate having to use it, but a necessary evil where we live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
At least we don't have to use it year round. I give flea and tick protection April-November, and heartworm June till November as well

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I was hoping that bulldogs had an odor that fleas may not like... Hank didn't get anything last year and we were flea free.. I'm guessing I'm going to have to start thnking about it. I do have a spray from Dr Mercola that i'll try first... Oh I just hate to think about it :(

versicolor

Mar 20, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Whopper
So what do you all use? I used some of that liquid stuff that you apply between the shoulder blades on my female when she was alive and it literally burned her skin where I applied it. Is there a pill that you can get or something? Because there is no way I will ever use that other stuff again. I would rather whopper have fleas.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So what do you all use? I used some of that liquid stuff that you apply between the shoulder blades on my female when she was alive and it literally burned her skin where I applied it. Is there a pill that you can get or something? Because there is no way I will ever use that other stuff again. I would rather whopper have fleas.

We use Vectr 3D.... I usually inly use half tube and go from shoulder to hip right down spine to lessen impact in one spot

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
have you considered NexGard chewables? Our Vet recommended this product to treat Biggie's (Doppler's) Demodectic Mange. Evidently it works on most anything that feasts on a Bully. We've seen no ill effects since treatment began 2 weeks ago.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I use Sentinel Spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online