General Question Blood in my bully's pee, but not all the time

Stephshane

Apr 9, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hi,

I'm curious how many bully owners go through their bully having blood in their pee. We have a vet appointment this morning because we discovered a small amount of blood in his pee, but it's after hes done peeing, he'll stop then let a very small amount of pee go with a small amount of blood. This happened last year once and the year before. Both times the vet said it was a UTI. But then the blood stops before he even starts the antibiotic. Could this be something else entirely that the vet might be missing???

UPDATE:

Thanks everyone for your insight. We did a urine analysis and xrays, he has a stone. He is on antibiotics and anti inflamatories. We are booking surgery to have the stone removed. Apparently if it breaks down and gets stuck in his urethra he can die within 24 hours. Yesterday was a very stressful and trying day. Has anyone had to go through a serious surgery with their bullies?

Last edited:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
well welcome :) and I'm sure someone will come with some possible answers for you... Interesting it clears up b4 antibiotics and wonder what it could be... Hope someone knows...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Could be bladder infection,uti, stones in bladder,I assume he does not have a prolapse......or cystitis(bacterial infection).You might also ask for blood chemistry/kidney function. Blood in urine is not normal. Does he strain to pee?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
How old is he and is he neutered? Has he been tested for any sort of stones?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
He should have the bloody urine sent for culture and sensitivity and examined for crystals, and for presence of white blood cells (infection ).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi,

I'm curious how many bully owners go through their bully having blood in their pee. We have a vet appointment this morning because we discovered a small amount of blood in his pee, but it's after hes done peeing, he'll stop then let a very small amount of pee go with a small amount of blood. This happened last year once and the year before. Both times the vet said it was a UTI. But then the blood stops before he even starts the antibiotic. Could this be something else entirely that the vet might be missing???

As others have mentioned... it could be a few things, have his urine tested

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.