Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 37

Thread: Tail Pocket!!

  1. #25
    Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    Usa
    Posts
    83
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Whopper
    Likes (Received)
    133

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    Whopper is doing very good. Seems like in the last couple days I can really notice a major improvement. Even people that stop by have noticed his breathing is much less noisy. Today marks two weeks since surgery.

  2. Likes 2BullyMama, Hankster liked this post
  3. #26
    Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    Usa
    Posts
    83
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Whopper
    Likes (Received)
    133

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    I had a bulldog named magnus that had a somewhat longer tail, no tight pocket....it was completely away from his body and never had to be cleaned. Even he ended up with some kind of agitation once. Not sure what caused it but I noticed one day that it was agitated and swollen and red. I just cleaned it up with warm soapy water and put that ointment on it for a handful of days and it cleared right up. So maybe hanks issue had nothing to do with anything you did or didn't do. It may have just gotten irritated on its own.

  4. Likes 2BullyMama, Hankster liked this post
  5. #27
    Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    Usa
    Posts
    83
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Whopper
    Likes (Received)
    133

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    I know that if I am too thorough with cleaning, tail pocket or nose rope, I end up causing more problems.

  6. #28
    Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    Usa
    Posts
    83
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Whopper
    Likes (Received)
    133

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    Sometimes I will even skip a day of grooming. Not often. Just like once every couple of weeks. Just so he has some time where he's not being poked and prodded by me. Lol. My wife is always yelling at me... "leave that dog alone for once. Stop fussing with him"!

  7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  8. #29
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,460
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3811

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    this is especially funny to me as......... Hanks dad thinks I WAY over do with Hank. He doesn't realize that he got a BULLDOG! and that's for real! He just got this dog that he knew nothing about just wanted forever not knowing what he was getting into... That's why I have him in ways I lucked out, but ohhhhhhhhhhhhh do they take more upkeep than my average mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by versicolor View Post
    Sometimes I will even skip a day of grooming. Not often. Just like once every couple of weeks. Just so he has some time where he's not being poked and prodded by me. Lol. My wife is always yelling at me... "leave that dog alone for once. Stop fussing with him"!

  9. Likes Cbrugs, 2BullyMama liked this post
  10. #30
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,726
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)
    6471

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    this is especially funny to me as......... Hanks dad thinks I WAY over do with Hank. He doesn't realize that he got a BULLDOG! and that's for real! He just got this dog that he knew nothing about just wanted forever not knowing what he was getting into... That's why I have him in ways I lucked out, but ohhhhhhhhhhhhh do they take more upkeep than my average mutt
    I'm always cleaning and wiping and doing something to Jax. And I will be doing the same with Louie when he comes home as he is even more wrinkly! When I saw him last, his tail was able to lift up so I am hoping I won't have tail pocket issues.

  11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  12. #31
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,887
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13188

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    Awww helsonwheels, I forgot your in canada... It was 75 dollars i think for the frankincense and no idea on the arborvitae so looking for alternative place (dont know if you saw my post) to buy as well instead of young living. since im not going that route,,,, can you tell me what wording i should look for when purchasing say off amazon??? price differences horrendous!!
    Earlier I spoke to Nyala's breeder and we were talking about oils n all. She swears by this oil that even grows back hair, rashes etc. I just sent her an email so will let you know asap.

    Frankincense is expensive but I buy 15ml and got it from my health food store. Its from Pure Potent WOW paid 20ish $...... you dont need to buy big bottles as you use only a few drops. Try theses sites.....

    https://www.newdirectionsaromatics.c...ntial-oil.html

    Essential Oils: 100% Pure, Exceptional Therapeutic Grade

    https://us.nyrorganic.com/shop/whole...tial-oil-book/

  13. #32
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,005
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2132

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    The newdirectionsaromatics site has been out of the arborvitae for weeks now.



    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Earlier I spoke to Nyala's breeder and we were talking about oils n all. She swears by this oil that even grows back hair, rashes etc. I just sent her an email so will let you know asap.

    Frankincense is expensive but I buy 15ml and got it from my health food store. Its from Pure Potent WOW paid 20ish $...... you dont need to buy big bottles as you use only a few drops. Try theses sites.....

    https://www.newdirectionsaromatics.c...ntial-oil.html

    Essential Oils: 100% Pure, Exceptional Therapeutic Grade

    https://us.nyrorganic.com/shop/whole...tial-oil-book/

  14. #33
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,887
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13188

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    The newdirectionsaromatics site has been out of the arborvitae for weeks now.
    Like mentioned, you can get another kind as its in the same family as cypress (thuja)

  15. #34
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,887
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13188

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    Awww helsonwheels, I forgot your in canada... It was 75 dollars i think for the frankincense and no idea on the arborvitae so looking for alternative place (dont know if you saw my post) to buy as well instead of young living. since im not going that route,,,, can you tell me what wording i should look for when purchasing say off amazon??? price differences horrendous!!
    Ok my breeder said its Nu-Stock
    She said.......her girlfriend rescued a dog with horrible mange & advantGe multi & this stuff cleared her right up...she also uses it if her horses get nicks, or if the dogs have any kind of skin damage....BUT.....YES A BUT..... she will ask her vet for tail pocket as she never had one dog with tail pocket issue. So im waiting to see her answer.

  16. #35
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,397
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster 2013 - Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 RIP
    Likes (Received)
    3125

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    Nu Stock is good. Smells like hell though! You have to really squeeze the tube around to mix it all up well as it separates. I got it at my local feed store. I used it when Monty had SFA and after he was shaved and his hair didn't grow back for a nearly a year.

    Horse Wound Care: Durvet Pierce's All-purpose Nu-Stock

    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

  17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  18. #36
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,460
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3811

    Default Re: Tail Pocket!!

    wow thanks!!! im going to do my checking in the morning... cant keep my eyes open anymore tonight! much appreciated info

  19. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •