Help Needed! Wallygator is losing hair... seasonal alopecia

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I just gave the pups a good brushing, and Lily had told me the other day that Wally had some thin spots. His entire one side is almost bald, and I guess we didn't notice it because his skin is dark and it looked like his fur. When he was out in the sun you can really see the bald areas...

It's on both sides, and I'm 99% sure it's alopecia... but he has never had any of this before. I sent pics to the vet, but is there anything you can do for it besides the melatonin? What about giving benadryl?!! Ugh my poor boy :fie:

I just posted something regarding Nu-Stock that my breeder swears by.. she also said....
Her girlfriend rescued a dog with horrible mange & advantGe multi & this stuff cleared her right up...she also uses it on her horses when they get nicks, or if the dogs have any kind of skin damage due to rough play etc.

Nu-stock.JPG

Bare in mind that's her opinion! She breeds EB but does have horses, bunnies, Yorkshire.... her dogs are all beautiful and never seen anything wrong with any of them.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I just posted something regarding Nu-Stock that my breeder swears by.. she also said....
Her girlfriend rescued a dog with horrible mange & advantGe multi & this stuff cleared her right up...she also uses it on her horses when they get nicks, or if the dogs have any kind of skin damage due to rough play etc.

View attachment 105220

Bare in mind that's her opinion! She breeds EB but does have horses, bunnies, Yorkshire.... her dogs are all beautiful and never seen anything wrong with any of them.

I have heard only good things about Nu-Stock... I know that Lynn uses it too [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

Where can you buy it? Is it a powder?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] You can buy it online from the company, or you can go to a horse/farm supply, most of them have it. It's about $13.99 for a large tube. It never goes bad. If it dries up,you can mix some mineral oil or baby oil in it to moisten it again. It has a sulphur smell-you may not want to have Wally rubbing it all over the furniture!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene You can buy it online from the company, or you can go to a horse/farm supply, most of them have it. It's about $13.99 for a large tube. It never goes bad. If it dries up,you can mix some mineral oil or baby oil in it to moisten it again. It has a sulphur smell-you may not want to have Wally rubbing it all over the furniture!

So I'm assuming that I rub this on the bald spots... does it smell bad enough so that Willow won't try to lick it off?!! She's an idiot about lotion and that kind of stuff...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So I'm assuming that I rub this on the bald spots... does it smell bad enough so that Willow won't try to lick it off?!! She's an idiot about lotion and that kind of stuff...

I heard it smells. Lynn would be better to answer that as she uses it. I know I'll be buying some to have on hand.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Yes, you would rub it on the bald spots. I have problems with Maude,sometimes Martha,because they will lick and lick each other! Martha will stop,if I "insist" but Maude doesn't listen!!:p

Most Reactions