So, I changed Ida's food....

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I decided to try a grain free food for Ida, just to see if it makes a difference with her. I went to Pet Club, intending to get her Nature's Variety Instict Salmon, and ended up with Natural Balance Fish and Sweet Potato. It's grain free but also is limited ingredients for dogs with allergies. She really seems to like it, and so far it's been no problem just giving it to Ida. She eats her food, Clementine and Gertie eat theirs'. I'll take Ida back to the see Dr. Anderson tomorrow and try to make a decision on her surgery, or pin him down better on her eye issues. I figure in the meantime, she can try the grain free food a while and see how that goes. If it turns out to not be allergies, she can switch back.

L

Lucy-licious

I am glad you are trying new food aswell as discussing Ida's eye problem further with the vet before committing to surgery. I hope the food change proves possitive and there is no need for surgery...but if not then atleast you will feel happy that you tried everything else first xx

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Glad to hear you are trying the food change! I fed Samson that Natural Balance Fish and Sweet Potato for a couple years and he did great on it until last year when he started getting the ear infections and I needed to go potato free as well as grain free. I hope it helps Ida! Sure did with Samson, he used to have bad tears and after I switched to Natural Balance they went away!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's great news .. and you must feel happier that you have a set plan ahead of you - to try the food first instead of jumping straight into the surgery!! :up:

MissBailey

May 23, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lil Miss Bailey
someother tips for tear stains.. good luck with the diet

Last edited by a moderator:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION], I think you will see a huge difference I could tell in just about 3 weeks a difference in Vegas when we switched to grain free, I just went ahead and did the potato free as well because he too had a severe ear infection when I did a food change. He has had NO ear infections since the food change. I will look forward the next 3-4 weeks what you have to say and see if you see a difference. Good Luck to you Ida!! :heart:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I feed Moche Natural Balance LID Duck and Potato formula. Mocha loves it and has done very well on it. And something I've notice(well my family) is less gas!! Really good food. But I did changed for just a small period of time to California (i forget the name but it is a 4 star food and also grain free) just to mix it up last month. She did good.Because i've read that alternating foods is good for them, I will try and get some Fromm also and maybe every 3 months, have a little change.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I fed that to Abby and Sophie for years and it worked great. However then came Bella. I change them all to the same food, so it took a while to find one that worked for all three. Kudos for you for trying to figure it out prior to Sx. I hope all goes well.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.