The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Mine snores like a freight train a good portion of the time and when she doesn't i don't sleep very well myself.

versicolor

Mar 20, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Whopper
I'm not trying to steer you away from acquiring a bulldog op, but you should know that an English bulldog is an obnoxious breed of dog for lack of a better term. They grunt, snort, drool, hack, gag, puke, breathe loudly, shower you with saliva directly in your face and spray snot in your face as well. Sometimes after an encounter with whopper I feel like ace Ventura in the scene where the head of the tribe hocks up all over him. You are going to be miserable if any of these things bother you.

versicolor

Mar 20, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Whopper
Not to mention...you will have to deal with daily grooming rituals and unless you get impossibly lucky you will end up with some expensive vet bills. It's all part of the English bulldog.

versicolor

Mar 20, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Whopper
Having said all that you will also be rewarded with alot of laughs and smiles and love anytime you are in the vicinity of these dogs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for all replies guys :) I know this is English Bulldog forum, but I asked the owner of 4 pugs (short nosed breed as well), she said if they are not overweight so they don't snore. Could it be true?

My sister had a Pug, I have French Bulldog and Bulldog now.... the Pug and the Frenchie could take the paint off the walls. My Frenchie had nares and palate reduction done and still snores. Our first Bulldog was the same, nares and palate,, still snored.
Our female bulldog had no surgery corrections and never snored and our current bulldog had nares done at 16 weeks and does not snore.

My point is.... they are all different but chances are they will snore

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.