Thread: Should I be worried !

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Seline Weiskopff's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    molly
    Likes (Received)

Default Should I be worried !

My Molly has been licking everything and throwing up not alot almost like a dry heave from licking. She had been eating only half of what she normally does. Drinking ok and some treats she is panting alot at night. I talked to the vet this am she said another Bully was spayed the same day as molly and is also having the same symptoms. Molly is also very very clingy. The vet is somewhat concerned and put her on Pecid Ac and wants to do blood work in 2 days if symptoms are not better. What do you guys think I'm worried !!!! What should I do

Sending Bully Wiggles Your Way
    I'm a little bulldog short and stout.... tip me over and my tongue falls out

2. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Should I be worried !

What does the vet think it is if another bully is showing similar symptoms, and what do they think the pepcid will do? I get it if they think it is reflux or something but why bring up the other dog? I would keep a real close eye on Molly and bring her in if she keeps acting this way.
    My smooshy face boy!

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

I think the Pepcid AC is a great idea since you don't want scarring of the esophagus from too much acid. I think that the vet should see your dog for no charge as part of the cost of the operation and I would bring the dog in tomorrow morning, saying you don't feel comfortable waiting till the following day. I would avoid giving any pain killers if you are still giving them since they can cause nausea and vomiting.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    What does the vet think it is if another bully is showing similar symptoms, and what do they think the pepcid will do? I get it if they think it is reflux or something but why bring up the other dog? I would keep a real close eye on Molly and bring her in if she keeps acting this way.
    BANG ON!!!! Was thinking the same. Another dog with same issue same day?!?! Like this vet hopefully calls the other owner see what's happening cause I sure would ask.

Bully Bootie Duty betterxthanxnew's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tasha Penwell
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Effie & Josie
    Likes (Received)

Oh no, how is Molly feeling today? I wonder what would make the vet say that?? If she isn't feeling any better, I'd definitely bring her back up there...My first thought is that if she is still on any pain killer meds, they could be causing the licking & panting? Effie did this A LOT when she was on pain killers. She was spayed at 6 months, but she injured her leg (growth plate chip) literally the day after her spay surgery, so the poor girl was having a time of it...she was on several different medications at the time to help keep her calm & to help with pain. I remember her panting at night, and spinning in circles, refusing to lay down, licking the crap out of the blankets- just being a very fidgety & uncomfortable. Total opposite of what the meds were supposed to be doing!

I do hope Molly is feeling better today!!!
    "Be the person your dog thinks you are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Seline Weiskopff View Post
    My Molly has been licking everything and throwing up not alot almost like a dry heave from licking. She had been eating only half of what she normally does. Drinking ok and some treats she is panting alot at night. I talked to the vet this am she said another Bully was spayed the same day as molly and is also having the same symptoms. Molly is also very very clingy. The vet is somewhat concerned and put her on Pecid Ac and wants to do blood work in 2 days if symptoms are not better. What do you guys think I'm worried !!!! What should I do

How is Molly doing today?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    molly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by betterxthanxnew View Post
    Oh no, how is Molly feeling today? I wonder what would make the vet say that?? If she isn't feeling any better, I'd definitely bring her back up there...My first thought is that if she is still on any pain killer meds, they could be causing the licking & panting? Effie did this A LOT when she was on pain killers. She was spayed at 6 months, but she injured her leg (growth plate chip) literally the day after her spay surgery, so the poor girl was having a time of it...she was on several different medications at the time to help keep her calm & to help with pain. I remember her panting at night, and spinning in circles, refusing to lay down, licking the crap out of the blankets- just being a very fidgety & uncomfortable. Total opposite of what the meds were supposed to be doing!

I do hope Molly is feeling better today!!!
    I couldn't imagine both at the same time ! Poor baby

Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    molly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    How is Molly doing today?
    Molly seems to being doing better she is eating and keeping get it down ! I've been giving her pepcid AC once a day in the morning. I'm still worried though she is still panting and licking at times. Also I thought she was a mama's girl before laying next to me is not enough anymore she has to lay on my lap. I'm not complaining I love the snuggles I just hope she's not trying to tell me something is wrong ! The other bulldog is doing better and both blood work came back good for both bullies. So idk what to think what's your opinion?

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Molly seems to being doing better she is eating and keeping get it down ! I've been giving her pepcid AC once a day in the morning. I'm still worried though she is still panting and licking at times. Also I thought she was a mama's girl before laying next to me is not enough anymore she has to lay on my lap. I'm not complaining I love the snuggles I just hope she's not trying to tell me something is wrong ! The other bulldog is doing better and both blood work came back good for both bullies. So idk what to think what's your opinion?
    Panting can be a sign of pain... does she pant after you give the Pepcid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    e.

11. Likes Seline Weiskopff, oscarmayer liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry I'm late on this... when Willow had her surgery (palate, nares and cheery eye) she was vomiting quite a bit. Her vet said it was probably the morphine that was used during surgery, she said that some dogs are very sensitive to it.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

13. Likes 2BullyMama, Seline Weiskopff liked this post
    Dog Hoarder Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Hate to bring this up more a question .
    If another dog that got spayed that day is doing the same thing could it be infection due to maybe dirty med instruments or other things ?
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

15. Likes Seline Weiskopff liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

any improvement?
    e.

17. Likes Seline Weiskopff liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads