Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
My Molly has been licking everything and throwing up not alot almost like a dry heave from licking. She had been eating only half of what she normally does. Drinking ok and some treats she is panting alot at night. I talked to the vet this am she said another Bully was spayed the same day as molly and is also having the same symptoms. Molly is also very very clingy. The vet is somewhat concerned and put her on Pecid Ac and wants to do blood work in 2 days if symptoms are not better. What do you guys think I'm worried !!!! What should I do

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
What does the vet think it is if another bully is showing similar symptoms, and what do they think the pepcid will do? I get it if they think it is reflux or something but why bring up the other dog? I would keep a real close eye on Molly and bring her in if she keeps acting this way.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I think the Pepcid AC is a great idea since you don't want scarring of the esophagus from too much acid. I think that the vet should see your dog for no charge as part of the cost of the operation and I would bring the dog in tomorrow morning, saying you don't feel comfortable waiting till the following day. I would avoid giving any pain killers if you are still giving them since they can cause nausea and vomiting.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
What does the vet think it is if another bully is showing similar symptoms, and what do they think the pepcid will do? I get it if they think it is reflux or something but why bring up the other dog? I would keep a real close eye on Molly and bring her in if she keeps acting this way.

BANG ON!!!! Was thinking the same. Another dog with same issue same day?!?! Like this vet hopefully calls the other owner see what's happening cause I sure would ask.

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
Oh no, how is Molly feeling today? I wonder what would make the vet say that?? :confused: If she isn't feeling any better, I'd definitely bring her back up there...My first thought is that if she is still on any pain killer meds, they could be causing the licking & panting? Effie did this A LOT when she was on pain killers. She was spayed at 6 months, but she injured her leg (growth plate chip) literally the day after her spay surgery, so the poor girl was having a time of it...she was on several different medications at the time to help keep her calm & to help with pain. I remember her panting at night, and spinning in circles, refusing to lay down, licking the crap out of the blankets- just being a very fidgety & uncomfortable. Total opposite of what the meds were supposed to be doing! :facepalm:

I do hope Molly is feeling better today!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My Molly has been licking everything and throwing up not alot almost like a dry heave from licking. She had been eating only half of what she normally does. Drinking ok and some treats she is panting alot at night. I talked to the vet this am she said another Bully was spayed the same day as molly and is also having the same symptoms. Molly is also very very clingy. The vet is somewhat concerned and put her on Pecid Ac and wants to do blood work in 2 days if symptoms are not better. What do you guys think I'm worried !!!! What should I do

How is Molly doing today?

OP
Seline Weiskopff

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
Oh no, how is Molly feeling today? I wonder what would make the vet say that?? :confused: If she isn't feeling any better, I'd definitely bring her back up there...My first thought is that if she is still on any pain killer meds, they could be causing the licking & panting? Effie did this A LOT when she was on pain killers. She was spayed at 6 months, but she injured her leg (growth plate chip) literally the day after her spay surgery, so the poor girl was having a time of it...she was on several different medications at the time to help keep her calm & to help with pain. I remember her panting at night, and spinning in circles, refusing to lay down, licking the crap out of the blankets- just being a very fidgety & uncomfortable. Total opposite of what the meds were supposed to be doing! :facepalm:

I do hope Molly is feeling better today!!!
I couldn't imagine both at the same time ! Poor baby :(

OP
Seline Weiskopff

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
How is Molly doing today?

Molly seems to being doing better she is eating and keeping get it down ! I've been giving her pepcid AC once a day in the morning. I'm still worried though she is still panting and licking at times. Also I thought she was a mama's girl before laying next to me is not enough anymore she has to lay on my lap. I'm not complaining I love the snuggles I just hope she's not trying to tell me something is wrong ! The other bulldog is doing better and both blood work came back good for both bullies. So idk what to think what's your opinion?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Molly seems to being doing better she is eating and keeping get it down ! I've been giving her pepcid AC once a day in the morning. I'm still worried though she is still panting and licking at times. Also I thought she was a mama's girl before laying next to me is not enough anymore she has to lay on my lap. I'm not complaining I love the snuggles I just hope she's not trying to tell me something is wrong ! The other bulldog is doing better and both blood work came back good for both bullies. So idk what to think what's your opinion?

Panting can be a sign of pain... does she pant after you give the Pepcid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sorry I'm late on this... when Willow had her surgery (palate, nares and cheery eye) she was vomiting quite a bit. Her vet said it was probably the morphine that was used during surgery, she said that some dogs are very sensitive to it.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Hate to bring this up more a question .
If another dog that got spayed that day is doing the same thing could it be infection due to maybe dirty med instruments or other things ?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

any improvement?

OP
Seline Weiskopff

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
I'm so sorry I have not been on EBN. Let me fill you in its been a long week but I think Molly is finally doing better tonight. She did really good for 1 day then she began to vomit and dry heave for hours ! She was licking everything so excessively is was awful to watch her go through this ! We spent the day at the vet with Dr Logan. After a full examine and blood work which looks great they compared the blood work from each draw including the day of surgery everything looks the same. So that leaves her tummy ! She is healing so well really it looks great and she even allows us to touch with gentle pressure so it's not painful. Dr Logan gave Molly some fluids she felt she might be dehydrated . This was really new to me the hump on her neck was so strange ! She is continuing the pepcid Ac and a slurry 3 xs a day. Rice and chicken breast for the next 4 days. Conclusion Dr Logan and 2 colleagues believe it was the pain meds and anesthesia that didn't agree with Molly mainly the Dermax. Molly was very excited about dinner tonight and we are just loving the cuddles it's like she is thanking us for making her feel better. Please keep us in your prayers that this treatment plan works. Here is a pic of her and dad :)
Yes they are both laying on my lap ! 20170406_185341.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I was just about to bug you again on how things were going so thanks :) ... Glad to see things are going at least ok, and yes, prayers for you and her and him as well... Its always so worrisome when things aren't just perfect. all will be well now, and her scar looks great!! and!! Your picture is priceless and especially knowing that they're both on you so all for one ,,,one for all ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online