OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Okay guys, at first I figured it was just Opies tail pocket that was giving him itching issues today. Well I'm going to say it's not. All day today Opie has had issues, he'll be laying down or sleeping than he just jumps up takes of running and parks his rear end up against something hard. It's associated with heavy breathing and not being able to settle down. I've given him Benadryl in hopes that it would help but to no avail. Any ideas? It's midnight now and I'm out on the couch him Ope so husband can try and sleep. I'm at a loss what to do.
I feel bad for him, he'll lay down to try and sleep and two seconds later jumps up. He also didn't eat his dinner tonight.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I'm reposting this :

If pocket is ever really sore then put a drop of malaseb or curaseb shampoo in a spray bottle with some warm water, spray the tail pocket area a few times to flush it clean, ( apparently a lot of gunk will come out !!! ), let it sit a few minutes, wipe dry with a paper towel, and then an hour later apply some cream eg. silver sulfadiazine or polysporin cream if it's infected, or desitin if it's not. Do this daily for a couple of weeks. After that flush weekly as a maintenance and in between clean every day with a regular wipe or malacetic or malaseb wipe and then dry,

Normal maintenance if your dog never has any problems is to wipe it clean with something like an unscented baby wipe with extra witch hazel on it, keep wiping till no loose hair comes out, then dry with a paper towel. It's very important to keep area dry, hair left in keeps area moist.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I'll also repost....

Nyala has a constant tail pocket issue. Been a good year now. She will always have it as it's not going to go away unless I get her tail amputated and just get it over with which wont happen. Because....this formula works for her........ Needs to be cleaned out every day with unscented wipes. I cannot let her tail pocket go more than 2 days of cleaning. So I mix 15 drops Lavender 15 drops Geranium 15 drops Frankincense 15 drops Basil 10 drops Arborvitae. Fractionated Coconut Oil (the clear liquid one) fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full. Shake bottle well before using. Also works for ear infections or any infection, irritations etc. I used Witch Hazel once and poor thing yelp running to her bed scared like hell. Witch Hazel has to really be diluted with a good carrier oil or it will sting like crazy. These oils are all for inflammation. Trust me it works!!!

Keep this link handy as you would be surprised how maintenance can be a breeze. All about maintenance!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

OP
OpieRay

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Thank you for the great reposts! I'll be putting these recipes aside. However, like I said this isn't his tail that's giving him issues. I only thought it was initially. His glands are also good at the moment. Last night Ope finally calmed down enough that the jolts from an itch were only happeneing every so often. He also ate all his food at some point during the night. He is now sleeping and hasn't had any issues. Hopefully it was just a weird coincidence. Does any one think this could be fleas? I have no experience with that so I'm just throwing it out there

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for the great reposts! I'll be putting these recipes aside. However, like I said this isn't his tail that's giving him issues. I only thought it was initially. His glands are also good at the moment. Last night Ope finally calmed down enough that the jolts from an itch were only happeneing every so often. He also ate all his food at some point during the night. He is now sleeping and hasn't had any issues. Hopefully it was just a weird coincidence. Does any one think this could be fleas? I have no experience with that so I'm just throwing it out there

Have you gone to the vet? If so, what did they say? If it's not TP or his glands I for sure would get this checked out to eliminate issues.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I agree, a vet visit is in order if it continues, to rule out worms and tumours.

OP
OpieRay

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
He ended up having an insect bite! Phew! Hes much much better today!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He ended up having an insect bite! Phew! Hes much much better today!

:whew: is right!! Great avatar picture ... one handsome boy!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Great news! Thank god it's just that. But keep the link handy as good recipes for insect bites, ticks, etc!

Members online

No members online now.