Skin problem?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson's face used to break out too, look at him and the other bullies on the site's before and after page http://www.englishbulldognews.com/DogFood-Then_And_Now.html For Samson is wasn't food alone. I feed him 2 cups of dry Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Fish a day. One cup a day is mixed with salmon oil and a heaping spoonful of wellness 95% canned salmon. He also takes an antihistamine called atarax twice daily with his food as prescribed by my vet.

Reggie

Jul 16, 2010
Stopsley, Luton, Bedfordshire, England
Bulldog(s) Names
REGINALD GRUFFALO THE FIRST
Hi, I'm interested to know if Lolas scabs were wet/sticky before becoming scabs? My Reggie has broken out in wet patches the size of a penny around his face and back of neck. They itch. Then they turn to crusty scabs, and come off with the hair. I've switched to a salmon & potato diet and will take him back to vets as he was on antibiotics for 2 weeks and it cleared up. Then 1 week later I notice 2 new areas, 1 on top of his head and 1 side of face chin area. 1 is already scabbed but the 1 on top of his head is wet, weepy with clear sticky fluid?
I will come back to this post and let you know what the vet does as I shall get Reg seen this week. Another community user has recommended I ask for mange scrapes to rule it out so I will do that.
Reggies Mumx

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Please let us know about Reggie. Hope everything turns out with the scin scrape. [MENTION=879]Reggie[/MENTION]

OP
sowdie

sowdie

May 27, 2010
MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola's bumps have never been wet, but it does sound like it could be the same thing. My vet refers to them as pustules, and that would lead me to believe that at some point, they fill with pus. She is currently on antiobiotics for them, and they do the trick, but always seem to come back. The vet says it's a bacteria infection triggered by allergies.

Mary Kay

Sep 29, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloie
My Chloie has the same thing going on. They thought it was ringworm, but they tested her and it's not that. She does have allergies and is on a Hypoallergnic (sp) dog food.

Mary Kay

Sep 29, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloie
That sounds like hot spots. My vet gave me Neo-Predef (prescription) for my Mitch (R.I.P)

LittleMissMillie

Oct 6, 2010
San Tan Valley, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
So glad that I read this! I am actually having the exact problem with Millie. She is 4 1/2 months old and I would say that I noticed this problem about three weeks ago. Ironically, she was on Iams from the breeder and seemed to be doing fine. However, I was told that Iams is terrible food and has a lot of unhealthy ingredients. So, about a month ago I switched her over to Nature's Variety- prairie, an all natural food with no corn or fillers. After reading this, I just got off the phone with my vet and she has an appointment! However does anyone think that I should switch to a grain free food as well?

I am a new bully mommy so I welcome any advice!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
So glad that I read this! I am actually having the exact problem with Millie. She is 4 1/2 months old and I would say that I noticed this problem about three weeks ago. Ironically, she was on Iams from the breeder and seemed to be doing fine. However, I was told that Iams is terrible food and has a lot of unhealthy ingredients. So, about a month ago I switched her over to Nature's Variety- prairie, an all natural food with no corn or fillers. After reading this, I just got off the phone with my vet and she has an appointment! However does anyone think that I should switch to a grain free food as well?

I am a new bully mommy so I welcome any advice!

Personally I prefer grain free for Samson, he has bad allergies and grain free helps alot. Since you are already feeding Natures Variety you can try one of their Instinct foods, those are great grain free foods.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.