Stains, stains and more stains!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Hi All,

We are so much in love with our 5 month old baby boy Tubs! He is so good, which make it easier to take care of the Bulldog everyday care. I have been on top of keeping his nose rope clean, wiping his eyes and ears. Just this past week I have notices his tear stains getting away from me, even though I clean him everyday. I even noticed he is stained under his nose rope, on his neck under his collar and in the wrinkles around his mouth. I am at a loss here because I have been doing everything I know to keep up on the stains, but I don't know what has changed this week to make this all get out of hand. Are there any suggestions as to what I can use or do to get rid of these stains and keep them away????

Thank you advance for any infor you can pass along!
Jen and Tubs:confused:
walk.jpg

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
He is on Nutra Puppy Lamb and Rice formula! We switched him about a month ago from Prism, which is what the breeder had him on. We couldn't find that around here and not to mention the new food has help a lot with the gas!!!! LOL :D

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well I am not sure where that food stands on the ratings list Dog Food Ratings at English Bulldog News. There are other nutra foods on there and the highest rating I saw was 3 stars which isnt horrible for a bully but you dont want to go lower and some of the nutra foods go as low as 1 star. First thing tho for my boy lamb stains him real bad. I would try switching the protein if you dont want to switch the food. The stains are a constant struggle for all bully owners for sure. You can try feeding filtered water, have heard that helps although it never did for me. A little apple cider vinegar in the water is also supposed to help but if the food is mainly the cause these other things wont do any good.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thank you for the info. He is already on filtered water. My husband laughed at me when I first gave him filtered water, but I told him if we are drinking filtered water he will drink it too! I have been doing some reading about the stains and the dog food and we decided to switch him to AvoDerm puppy, Chicken and Brown Rice. After doing more research I became aware that it should help with oder and his coat. When I opened the bag I could notice a difference in the way the food smelled, much better! I noticed I was giving him a bath every other week because he was so oily and stinky. I hope this helps with the stains and the stinkiness. I was dividing up the food to wean him off of the Nutro and on to the AvoDerm and I dropped some of the AvoDerm on the floor and he grapped it right up. When I dropped some Nutro on the floor he eventually ate it, but he almost did it as "well it's there I guess I will eat it!" LOL Thank you again for the info and the help. We will see how this goes. I also ordered him Facial scrub from Carolina Pet Pantry. I read on another post that someone said it works well with keeping their whites white, so we will give it a try as soon as it arrives!

Thankfully Yours,

Jen and Tubs

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.