General Question Ectopic Ureter

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just wanted to update! Pippen had her surgery yesterday and the vet said everything went really well. They corrected her ectopic ureter that they saw on imaging and the other ureter was actually ectopic as well, so they corrected that one as well. She also had her nares widened while she was under too. She's still at the hospital now as they wanted to leave the urinary catheter in for a few days. They will hopefully be able to pull it tomorrow and after she pees on her own she can come home! Now I'm just praying that she doesn't have anymore problems after this and we won't have to worry about it anymore!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic news! Paws crossed all goes well today and she is clear of issues so momma has no more worries!!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
look at her... looks GREAT!!!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=8518]sunkissedpr1ncs[/MENTION] - Michele, How is Pippen doing today?!?!

OP
sunkissedpr1ncs

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
[MENTION=8518]sunkissedpr1ncs[/MENTION] - Michele, How is Pippen doing today?!?!

She is doing AMAZING!! Acts like nothing happened and it's a pain in the butt keeping her from trying to play, etc lol. They told us to keep a t-shirt on her for 2 weeks to help protect the incision since it is pretty big and she doesn't mind it much but whenever I leave her in her crate she somehow manages to take it off! LOL!

The vet said to discontinue her meds for now to see how she does and so far she's been perfect! I have been letting her out to pee more since her bladder is still sensitive while it's healing but even before if we stopped her meds for even a day she would have incontinence right away. So, so far this seems like it has done the trick! Yay!!!

9102badbbdddc66804586d28ba1ad7f8.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is doing AMAZING!! Acts like nothing happened and it's a pain in the butt keeping her from trying to play, etc lol. They told us to keep a t-shirt on her for 2 weeks to help protect the incision since it is pretty big and she doesn't mind it much but whenever I leave her in her crate she somehow manages to take it off! LOL!

The vet said to discontinue her meds for now to see how she does and so far she's been perfect! I have been letting her out to pee more since her bladder is still sensitive while it's healing but even before if we stopped her meds for even a day she would have incontinence right away. So, so far this seems like it has done the trick! Yay!!!

AWESOME!!! beautiful girl!!! xoxoxo

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
prayers prayers and more pryaers :) Makes it all worth it and sooooooooooo great she's feeling so good,,, even though it makes it that much harder to keep her down... but do it ;)

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

OMG!! Yay Pippen, we are so excited for you!! keep it up girl you got this

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ok just me and Ellie checking on Ms Pippen...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
sunkissedpr1ncs

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Ok just me and Ellie checking on Ms Pippen...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey hey! She's still doing great! Everything looks good [emoji4] she has her follow up appointment on Friday so I'll update on what they say then too!! Thanks for checking on little Pippen girl ❤️

OP
sunkissedpr1ncs

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Pippen had her check up today and everything is great! They removed her staples and said she is good to go and can go back to being normal with no restrictions! Yayyy!!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Pippen had her check up today and everything is great! They removed her staples and said she is good to go and can go back to being normal with no restrictions! Yayyy!!

:nightfever::nightfever::jumping: WOOOOHOOO Pippen!! - We are so happy for you!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

AWESOME!!! [emoji177][emoji106][emoji177][emoji106][emoji177][emoji106]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online