OP
V

versicolor

Mar 20, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Whopper
Whopper came home yesterday and is peppy and excited and was HUNGRY. He sounds hoarse and I can't really get an idea yet as to how much better he can breathe. When he calms down.... Which is rare and not easy to get him to do.... It seems that he has a much more clear air passage now though. I am anxious to be able to see how much more he will benefit from having this done. I'm not sure how long it takes for it to heal. Hopefully not long. Thanks for asking. Besides feeling anxious for him to heal I'm doing good.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Whopper came home yesterday and is peppy and excited and was HUNGRY. He sounds hoarse and I can't really get an idea yet as to how much better he can breathe. When he calms down.... Which is rare and not easy to get him to do.... It seems that he has a much more clear air passage now though. I am anxious to be able to see how much more he will benefit from having this done. I'm not sure how long it takes for it to heal. Hopefully not long. Thanks for asking. Besides feeling anxious for him to heal I'm doing good.
He will heal up, just glad he did great while under, and coming out! Wishing for a speedy recovery..... if the horseyness continues, please call your vet and confirm if he needs to be checked or not. You can never be too safe with their breathing :)

PS - We need more pics :)

OP
V

versicolor

Mar 20, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Whopper
Pics of whopper after he got home from surgery...
IMG_20170328_145050.jpg
IMG_20170328_160104.jpg
IMG_20170328_160146.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
aww sweet boy.... I know barking is a no no as well so watch for that as best you can. I noticed the nighttime breathing immediately quieted but that was the 'nare' issue,, the other panting and stuff was real noticeable after two weeks. Just don't let him pant/overheat/ or bark if you can at all help it... like I said, I used the leash even in the back yard as he did not want to slow down... but they have to! Glad he's home,,, keep healing :)

Members online

No members online now.