ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I just started Walter on Glandex which [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] suggested to me to keep Wally's anal gland issues under control... when I took him to vets on Mon she cleaned out his anals and told me to try it. I will have to let you know how it goes, but here is a link to the product. If anybody has tried this product and has any feedback please share...

https://www.amazon.com/Glandex-Chew...490356485&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=glandex&psc=1

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I read a good (I think) article on the 'glands'. I'm going to try to find it because it made a whole lot of sense...

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I know it is very unpleasant for the Waltmeister to have rear-end issues. I can only imagine how it bothers Walter. I recall how much Jewel's tail pocket was an issue for her and us until we had her tail amputated. I do hope the product works for Walt Baby but I did notice it takes about 3-5 weeks before he has enough of the meds before it product is therapeutic.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I hope it works for Walter. It seems like if you mixed some "pumpkin,and metamucil, into his food, it would work the same way-just thinkin' @ddnene

It also contains potato starch and rice starch. Don't know if that would relate to some allergies?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I hope it helps Wallygator. Fingers crossed!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I will be anxious to see how they work. Vegas will be 8 Tuesday and since about 1 year old we go about every 6-7 weeks, then we can go a while and don't have to go, Vegas certainly let's us know when it's time.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene I know it is very unpleasant for the Waltmeister to have rear-end issues. I can only imagine how it bothers Walter. I recall how much Jewel's tail pocket was an issue for her and us until we had her tail amputated. I do hope the product works for Walt Baby but I did notice it takes about 3-5 weeks before he has enough of the meds before it product is therapeutic.

Yeah I noticed that too... I'm just hoping to buy some time between our anal gland visits... Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope it works for Walter. It seems like if you mixed some "pumpkin,and metamucil, into his food, it would work the same way-just thinkin' @ddnene

It also contains potato starch and rice starch. Don't know if that would relate to some allergies?

I had been doing the pumpkin, and it started to cause loose stools so I wanted to give it a break. I will be on the watch for allergies though... gotta try something.

- - - Updated - - -

I will be anxious to see how they work. Vegas will be 8 Tuesday and since about 1 year old we go about every 6-7 weeks, then we can go a while and don't have to go, Vegas certainly let's us know when it's time.

Wally is about every 8 weeks as well... it's frustrating, and he gets very irritated at everyone when it's time. I'll keep you posted...

suzyrainbows

Apr 28, 2016
New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus and Chunk
Hi there! Wanted to throw this out there because I looked all over before settling on one for Chunk. Every couple of weeks he will start sitting on his toys and smooshing them with his butt then he turns around and smells/licks them. Oh it's so gross :unsure: I picked this up on Amazon and it only has 2 ingredients but I think he may be allergic to it since he's having some tearing and pink around his nose. Maybe it might help your Wally [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION].

https://www.amazon.com/Diggin-Your-Dog-Pumpkin-Supplement/dp/B00EG0LFHC/

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omg I just read this and it made me lol!!!! like real hard... What a goof thing to do!!! and yea gross but oh goodness made me crack up!!
Hi there! Wanted to throw this out there because I looked all over before settling on one for Chunk. Every couple of weeks he will start sitting on his toys and smooshing them with his butt then he turns around and smells/licks them. Oh it's so gross :unsure: I picked this up on Amazon and it only has 2 ingredients but I think he may be allergic to it since he's having some tearing and pink around his nose. Maybe it might help your Wally [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION].

https://www.amazon.com/Diggin-Your-Dog-Pumpkin-Supplement/dp/B00EG0LFHC/

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.