Galliprant for Arthritis

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So while Tyson was at the vet this past Friday for his paw, our vet gave us a trial of Galliprant for OA. Trying to see if anyone else has had their babies on it for arthritis? She knows how much I don't like Rimadyl due to the effects it has on kidney & liver, and while we do a blood panel every 3 months to be sure, I'm still hesitant with it. She said Galliprant works without any harm to kidney/liver, and has shown great results! Curious on feedback if anyone has used it before.

Yes, we do supplement him with high does of Glucosamine, we also do Tumeric, and laser. I'm just specifically checking to see if anyone has used this newer drug.

i.jpgo.jpgr.jpgt.jpgu.jpgy.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never heard of it, but I'll read up on it now.

We are using MovoFlex for Cheli... have you looked into that one? it is more natural ingredients

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Never heard of it, but I'll read up on it now.

We are using MovoFlex for Cheli... have you looked into that one? it is more natural ingredients
No, but I will. You know I will research everything before trying it, LOL -- I feel like another member mentioned Galliprant. But I can't remember now.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I misread and thought it said Gallipants... thinking it was some kind of fancy support pants to help his legs. :)

Say his to Tyson!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I just recently bought Acti-Flex 4000 from a saddlery site and plan to give it to my 2 yr old and 7 yr old dogs prophylactically to PREVENT arthritis, they also make a beef flavored Acti-Flex K9 with same ingredients. Please comment if you think this is a good thing,
contains :
Glucosamine Sulfate
Type II Collagen
Chondroitin Sulfate
Methylsulfyonymethane(MSM)
Perna Canaliculus
Ester C (Ascorbic Acid)
Hyaluronic Acid
Boswellia Serrata

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I just recently bought Acti-Flex 4000 from a saddlery site and plan to give it to my 2 yr old and 7 yr old dogs prophylactically to PREVENT arthritis, they also make a beef flavored Acti-Flex K9 with same ingredients. Please comment if you think this is a good thing,
contains :
Glucosamine Sulfate
Type II Collagen
Chondroitin Sulfate
Methylsulfyonymethane(MSM)
Perna Canaliculus
Ester C (Ascorbic Acid)
Hyaluronic Acid
Boswellia Serrata
Thank you! I forgot who it was that mentioned it prior in regards to Galliprant. We haven't started it yet, I'm still doing my research on it, as well as the Motoflex and allowing Tyson to finish his antibiotics from his cyst, and swollen toe. I would do anything to be off meds. Yes!! Those sound like great ingredients. We do 900mg of Tumeric, 900mg Glucosamie, 800mg of MSM, 350mg sodium chondroitin sulfate.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.