helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just curious what you think of Edens Garden Pest Defy synergy blend to repel bugs. Contains: Cedarwood, Citronella, Geranium and Lemongrass.

DoTerra oils are quite pricey due to being a multi level marketing product.
Eden's Garden are just as good. Yes so true YL and DT are so expensive for NO reason. They have the marketing control so they can finance it. If you see the words: therapeutic grade and the Latin name of the oil beside the English one, then you have the right stuff. I personally do NOT buy YL or DT. Nothing is wrong with them but why would I spend 2-3x the price when I can get another brand... If you go in my thread of essential oils, I posted somewhere in there places in line you can buy.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Heartguard only for our kids

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Yep, none at all. It's really quite remarkable. We've had bulldogs since 1995 (15 in that time period/5 at present and hundreds of rescues) and fleas and tics have never been a problem. I recall finding 2-3 tics in that time period. Fleas, are just not abundant around here. I think they thrive in hot dry climates and they don't like the humidity here. I'm OK with that.
Mosquitoes are a different story. I hate mosquitoes.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I use Advantage Multi on my dogs. That is what Monty was on when I got him and I haven't changed it. My Doxie has a flea allergy too so I have to be very careful with him. I would love them to be able to go without but being in Texas, there is no way.

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
We use K9 Advantix II. I like it because besides ticks and fleas it also deters mosquitos (I hate mosquitos). We usually start using it towards the end of April or early May depending on the weather and stop using in the late fall.

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
No heartworm medication? I would say minimum for heartworm is every 2 months starting in June in cold climates and lasting till November, eg. June 1, Aug 1, Oct 1 . The only dangerous medication to give if your dog has heartworm is milbemycin because it can cause anaphylactic shock if your dog has heartworm. It's recommended to test for heartworm anyways because you need stronger treatment than these meds if your dog has heartworm.

We use K9 Advantix II. I like it because besides ticks and fleas it also deters mosquitos (I hate mosquitos). We usually start using it towards the end of April or early May depending on the weather and stop using in the late fall.

Most Reactions