ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I took the pups to the groomers yesterday, and I get a pic from the groomer showing Wally has ANOTHER cyst in his front paw... I swear this is round 3 since the summer. I feel bad because I hurt my back last weekend, so I wasn't able to do my normal grooming routine on the pups and I didn't catch it.

He's in a MOOD as well... he snapped at Lily twice yesterday, she was petting him in the truck on the way home from the groomers (I had to pull over to break up him & Willow because of course Willow was trying to protect Lily) and last night I tried putting some vetericyn on his paw. I ended up putting a muzzle on him to get the job done... Ugh!

I'm going to contact the vet today, but obviously I need to get to the bottom of this. I feed them Fromm's Beef Frittata in the morning, and Pork & Peas in the evening. Treats are only grain-free, and I give them the usual veggies and fruits. I have been giving them pumpkin because I think Wally is also having another anal gland issue, and I was hoping that this would take care of that.

My question is should I do a food trial?!! AND if I do what should I look for? This is his 3rd cyst so obviously something is going on... other than his anal gland issue, I don't notice anything else. Coat and skin look great, he has gained some weight but nothing that the vet seems concerned about.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Probiotics, prebiotics and what ever biotics you can get your hands on. I believe skin health and all kinds of health starts from the digestive system. You know that I think that nothing beats raw food and with kibble it's even more important that you feed those bacteria to your bully. Also Digestive enzymes are important since the food is all "dead" and there is not enough even if the bag says they've been added.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson had one pop up 2 days ago after a walk. I'm currently soaking twice and day and applying animax ointment. I have no idea how to avoid them but I guess I should be thankful bc he doesnt get them often. His one toe is all swollen too, I think something bit him, and it caused the reaction, and the cyst.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@ddnene Check out Kauffmann's stress formula/Kauffmann's Animal Health I have been using their products for many years:Horses and dogs!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I agree with all the above- also if you can, soak the paw for 5 min daily in a betadine bath for a week or two and add the ointment afterward. Put some socks on Wally if he licks the ointment.
Herbsmith Microflora Plus was mentioned here before for both probiotics and enzymes. If not you can try the sauerkraut you buy from the fridge section, or low fat probiotic yoghurt, or kefir. Another great supplement you can try is turmeric 1/4 tsp mixed with 6 grinds of pepper and 1 tsp coconut oil. Why don't you try to feed a base mix like Honest Kitchen Kindly and adding your own protein so you can see if your dog is reacting to any specific proteins?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree with all the above- also if you can, soak the paw for 5 min daily in a betadine bath for a week or two and add the ointment afterward. Put some socks on Wally if he licks the ointment.
Herbsmith Microflora Plus was mentioned here before for both probiotics and enzymes. If not you can try the sauerkraut you buy from the fridge section, or low fat probiotic yoghurt, or kefir. Another great supplement you can try is turmeric 1/4 tsp mixed with 6 grinds of pepper and 1 tsp coconut oil. Why don't you try to feed a base mix like Honest Kitchen Kindly and adding your own protein so you can see if your dog is reacting to any specific proteins?

I have actually considered Honest Kitchen because SO many people on here have had good results w/it. Thank you SO much for you advice...

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

Thank YOU so much for the advice, unfortunately I have slacked on giving Wally his probiotics so I'm ordering some right now from Amazon!!! BAD momma... Ugh!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Pcould be something in one of the Fromm is not agreeing with him.... try going to one of them for a week and see if there is any improvement

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I don't want to speak too soon but thankfully since I have changed FTSE over to wellbeing he has not had any where he was getting quite a few.
Poor Wally they must really irritate them.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Wally, hope it gets better soon.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pcould be something in one of the Fromm is not agreeing with him.... try going to one of them for a week and see if there is any improvement

I'm going back to the beef and see what happens... what proteins are you using for the boys?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to speak too soon but thankfully since I have changed FTSE over to wellbeing he has not had any where he was getting quite a few.
Poor Wally they must really irritate them.

I agree... and I've been taking him for walks on the days when the weather is nice, and I'm sure it's painful to walk.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'm going back to the beef and see what happens... what proteins are you using for the boys?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree... and I've been taking him for walks on the days when the weather is nice, and I'm sure it's painful to walk.
I'm taking Tyson in today, his toe got swollen, and the cyst is still there. I know she's gonna lance it like she did last time... Ugh. I think I may have hubby take him in, I get so anxious at the vet's office! I wonder if its infected since his toe is swollen too, I think he'll need antibiotics. Sheesh! How's Wally's doing today?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

- - - Updated - - -

Boys are on pork and peas to avoid the potato

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm taking Tyson in today, his toe got swollen, and the cyst is still there. I know she's gonna lance it like she did last time... Ugh. I think I may have hubby take him in, I get so anxious at the vet's office! I wonder if its infected since his toe is swollen too, I think he'll need antibiotics. Sheesh! How's Wally's doing today?

He's acting better, but I can't get a good look at it unless I put on his muzzle. Between that and the anals, he's just a mess... hopefully going to see the vet here soon. I hope Tyson feels better, they have never lanced Wally's before. They would just go away...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.