SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Hi
Since Red had is entropian surgery his eye has been looking good with very few tear stains. In the last week his eye started watering again and looks like yeast is coming back. He also rolls to scratch, licks his paws.

I'm thinking he may have some airborne allergies and don't like giving Benadryl it makes him sleepy so I was going to try Zyrtec. He weighs about 45 pounds.

He eats Fromm pork and peas and gets coconut once a day.

Thank you
Sue

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You can give Zyrtec 10mg twice daily or 20mg once daily. Fromm foods tend to have a lot of carbohydrates so you may be better off switching like a lot of members on this forum to a raw dog food or a dehydrated/freeze dried dog food like Honest Kitchen,Sojos, Grandma Lucy's,Vital Essentials etc.

If your dog has been on antibiotics you may want to add a dog probiotic for a week eg. Proviable DC. Otherwise you can probably give low fat probiotic greek yoghurt, kefir , refrigerated sauerkraut etc.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can give Zyrtec 10mg twice daily or 20mg once daily. Fromm foods tend to have a lot of carbohydrates so you may be better off switching like a lot of members on this forum to a raw dog food or a dehydrated/freeze dried dog food like Honest Kitchen,Sojos, Grandma Lucy's,Vital Essentials etc.

If your dog has been on antibiotics you may want to add a dog probiotic for a week eg. Proviable DC. Otherwise you can probably give low fat probiotic greek yoghurt, kefir , refrigerated sauerkraut etc.

:goodpost:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online