HELP Cali PLEASE

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
:pray: for little Cali, she's gonna pull through. She looks so much like our Annabella...right down to the spots on her nose :hug:

OP

1badchicken

Feb 23, 2011
Austin Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Cali
Ok so there maybe a concern at his point. She is doing better but when she is taken off the oxygen her head bobbles
Haley described it maybe like teretts, or lime a seizure. Her body is ok just constant head moment.
Any thoughts. Tomorrow there will be a recommendation to send her to a neurologists and get a CT Scan?
I dont know what this means?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I will tag [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], she has a male, Vegas that has some neurological concerns. Any thoughts on this [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]?
At least she is getting better. Maybe just too much of not eating and on O2. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I want to keep this bumped up, she needs your help. We are only at 15%, please chip in. Lets save this baby bully!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1894]1badchicken[/MENTION]
Head bobbing is very common in bulldogs especially one who hasn't been eating well and may be experiencing low blood sugar. There would be alot more symptoms, I would think..if it was seizures. But...keep in mind, the ONLY experience with seizures that I have are epileptic seizures. There are so many things out there that can cause seizures. Epilepsy is the diagnosis they give when they rule out everything else and they have no "reason" behind the seizures.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
wow, i'm getting here rather late. wishing i could help LOTS more. :( sweet Cali and bully parents have been in my prayers and on my mind. looking forward to more good news. hang in there. :*(

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
I have dealt with head temors...in the past with our first bulldog over 20 yrs ago...His case was discussed at Ohio State even. Later...our older dog Tank developed them...they've came to know more over the years. And...low levels of sugar [which makes sense since your dog isn't eating] will cause head tremors. It amazes me how some vets are knowledgeable on this topic and others not so. It may have been a fluke that your dog had them once taken off of oxygen. Head tremors are not considered seizure related... And this sounds exactly what might be going on.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
I want to keep this bumped up, she needs your help. We are only at 15%, please chip in. Lets save this baby bully!

Was this poster able to sign up for Care Credit?? That also is a helpful tool to lesson the impact of paying up front.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1894]1badchicken[/MENTION] I would go along with what a lot on here have said, and suggest it could just be head tremors rather than a seizure. Nobody truly knows what causes the head tremors as it seems to be different with different dogs, but obviously there has been a link in some dogs to low blood sugar levels. If Cali isn't keeping food down then her blood sugar level could be low. A CT scan is VERY expensive PLUS I would have thought that they would want to get her stabilized and get some food down her before they start sedating her for CT scans.

I really think they should be trying the bland diet too ... maybe your wife could take in some for Cali to try. It's cooked white rice mixed with cooked chicken or hamburger meat. They love it and it might be easier on her stomach and her little throat.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]
@1badchicken I would go along with what a lot on here have said, and suggest it could just be head tremors rather than a seizure. Nobody truly knows what causes the head tremors as it seems to be different with different dogs, but obviously there has been a link in some dogs to low blood sugar levels. If Cali isn't keeping food down then her blood sugar level could be low. A CT scan is VERY expensive PLUS I would have thought that they would want to get her stabilized and get some food down her before they start sedating her for CT scans.

I really think they should be trying the bland diet too ... maybe your wife could take in some for Cali to try. It's cooked white rice mixed with cooked chicken or hamburger meat. They love it and it might be easier on her stomach and her little throat.

I agree...it doesn't add up...Anyone who's had sick dogs...know their vet has suggested this to them. But to feed the dog a second time so soon after it threw up. Sounds so off to what I've experienced a vet telling me how to handle situations such as this. Now...a CT. When the dog isn't even stable. That makes no sense...especially with the breed and their being hard to put under anyways.

I would ask your reg. vet to make a phone call and find out what's going on...second opinions never hurt. It just doesn't read right to me.

OP

1badchicken

Feb 23, 2011
Austin Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Cali
Ok guys sorry for the late update
I failed my exam this morning, due to the situation my heart was else where

Good news
Cali has been released:) :)
Her head bobbles have been due to low sugar levels as previously stated
She will not require a CT scan at this point
She will be going to our vet to get a follow up appointment

Guys y'all have been great and so supportive
I will provide an update when she comes out of the neurologists appt
We surely could not have done this with out your support
Cali is going home today
We will keep her isolated from Bella to ensure she is calm and recovers

0ec88543.jpg

5b585011.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
That is absolutely great news! So happy for you and your fam. An angel was watching her all throughout this ordeal and will continue doing so. =)

Members online

No members online now.