upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
once again, im (minorly) second guessing my decisions.. I was at a dog show yesterday, and mentioned geting nare surgery to a bulldog family and they acted like i was wrong/ well stupid. Their dogs had tighter nostrils than Hank! Anyway, IMHO, i think that i should do whats best for his breathing and not worry about their opinion. When i mentioned my vet,(they know him) they changed their thoughts and said, that if this vet thought a good idea, then they would do as well. In other words, he's a trusted for his opinion and skills vet :) They just freeked me out and i dont want to be doing something wrong. Has anyone been sorry they did this surgery? I mean in all health wize, am i doing the right thing FOR him??? Thanks to any responses :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If your baby has issues (struggles breathing , sleep apnea, extra loud snoring). It should be dine to lessen the stress on the heart and lungs.

We had Lambeau nares dine at 16 weeks and now he barely snores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
If your baby has issues (struggles breathing , sleep apnea, extra loud snoring). It should be dine to lessen the stress on the heart and lungs.

We had Lambeau nares dine at 16 weeks and now he barely snores

Thank you! I think the 'apnea' is what bothers me the most... Its not that the sound bothers me, but i know its harmful and unfair to keep him in that 'mode' if he doesnt have to. His breathing when awake seems fine mostly (although scares me to death when over playing) but to watch him wake with discomfort REALLY bothers me... anyway, thanks :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you! I think the 'apnea' is what bothers me the most... Its not that the sound bothers me, but i know its harmful and unfair to keep him in that 'mode' if he doesnt have to. His breathing when awake seems fine mostly (although scares me to death when over playing) but to watch him wake with discomfort REALLY bothers me... anyway, thanks :)

My Frenchie had the apnea.... scares the bejesus out of me. Had his nares and palate done twice to alleviate the apnea

SouthernBred

Mar 18, 2016
Worcester, Mass
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirius
We had Sirius Nares and Palate done and have no regrets. It actually seems as if he couldnt smell as good before because now you see his nose moving all the time like a bunny

The palate may need to be redone though

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh this is so good to hear.... well, not that it took twice, but that it could help.. can you tell me why needed twice? I'm thinking that since he's a year old, it should be perfect timing
My Frenchie had the apnea.... scares the bejesus out of me. Had his nares and palate done twice to alleviate the apnea

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Sirius Nares ? is that just another name for "nares" ? And thank you :)
We had Sirius Nares and Palate done and have no regrets. It actually seems as if he couldnt smell as good before because now you see his nose moving all the time like a bunny

The palate may need to be redone though

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
oh this is so good to hear.... well, not that it took twice, but that it could help.. can you tell me why needed twice? I'm thinking that since he's a year old, it should be perfect timing

His first was at 8 mths and second at 2 years... our vet was conservative on the first surgery because he was young.. so when the apnea kicked in we had to go again.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
hahaha, so sorry.lol I looked it up and it kept telling me about the radio thing "Sirius" so glad to know... Cuite name btw :) and goirgeous PUP!!!
Sorry bad punctuation on my part Sirius is my pups name

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
aww thank you :) Well mabie if he needs it done again It will be when he gets the 'other' cut ;) and btw.......... I'm crazy about your pic (shoot what do you call it,,, ya know, the pic that comes up with your posts) anyway, those sleeping kids are so heartwarming... love it
His first was at 8 mths and second at 2 years... our vet was conservative on the first surgery because he was young.. so when the apnea kicked in we had to go again.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
aww thank you :) Well mabie if he needs it done again It will be when he gets the 'other' cut ;) and btw.......... I'm crazy about your pic (shoot what do you call it,,, ya know, the pic that comes up with your posts) anyway, those sleeping kids are so heartwarming... love it

Thank you... my heart won't let me change it. It is 'avatar' picture--- it is Banks and Nitschke, my first two babies that have past.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
awww, I tell ya, I knew there was something special there. All our kids are special, but that pic.... I have just sat and looked at the sweetness of it and just felt so warmed by it... Nice... I'm sure they are loving you forever.. I had a shih Tzu (she became my service dog for 8 years) that melted into my chest as she passed... She will never leave that spot... (now crying) I love them all, but she was a piece of me that I cant explain...
Thank you... my heart won't let me change it. It is 'avatar' picture--- it is Banks and Nitschke, my first two babies that have past.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
awww, I tell ya, I knew there was something special there. All our kids are special, but that pic.... I have just sat and looked at the sweetness of it and just felt so warmed by it... Nice... I'm sure they are loving you forever.. I had a shih Tzu (she became my service dog for 8 years) that melted into my chest as she passed... She will never leave that spot... (now crying) I love them all, but she was a piece of me that I cant explain...

I hear you... it is a love that has no words. I tear up many times looking at that picture and my signature (a gift from libra926).... believe it or not-- Banks was not a snuggler so when she did cuddle up we quickly took pictures to remember (prove) the moment existed [emoji173]

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
so sweet.............. proof!! lol somethin else :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.