Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 17

Thread: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

  1. #1
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,188
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3521

    Default upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    once again, im (minorly) second guessing my decisions.. I was at a dog show yesterday, and mentioned geting nare surgery to a bulldog family and they acted like i was wrong/ well stupid. Their dogs had tighter nostrils than Hank! Anyway, IMHO, i think that i should do whats best for his breathing and not worry about their opinion. When i mentioned my vet,(they know him) they changed their thoughts and said, that if this vet thought a good idea, then they would do as well. In other words, he's a trusted for his opinion and skills vet They just freeked me out and i dont want to be doing something wrong. Has anyone been sorry they did this surgery? I mean in all health wize, am i doing the right thing FOR him??? Thanks to any responses

  2. #2
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    42,415
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    13715

    Default Re: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    If your baby has issues (struggles breathing , sleep apnea, extra loud snoring). It should be dine to lessen the stress on the heart and lungs.

    We had Lambeau nares dine at 16 weeks and now he barely snores


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #3
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,188
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3521

    Default Re: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    If your baby has issues (struggles breathing , sleep apnea, extra loud snoring). It should be dine to lessen the stress on the heart and lungs.

    We had Lambeau nares dine at 16 weeks and now he barely snores


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you! I think the 'apnea' is what bothers me the most... Its not that the sound bothers me, but i know its harmful and unfair to keep him in that 'mode' if he doesnt have to. His breathing when awake seems fine mostly (although scares me to death when over playing) but to watch him wake with discomfort REALLY bothers me... anyway, thanks

  4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  5. #4
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    42,415
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    13715

    Default Re: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    Thank you! I think the 'apnea' is what bothers me the most... Its not that the sound bothers me, but i know its harmful and unfair to keep him in that 'mode' if he doesnt have to. His breathing when awake seems fine mostly (although scares me to death when over playing) but to watch him wake with discomfort REALLY bothers me... anyway, thanks
    My Frenchie had the apnea.... scares the bejesus out of me. Had his nares and palate done twice to alleviate the apnea
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  6. #5
    Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member SouthernBred's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Worcester, Mass
    Posts
    100
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sirius
    Likes (Received)
    153

    Default Re: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    We had Sirius Nares and Palate done and have no regrets. It actually seems as if he couldnt smell as good before because now you see his nose moving all the time like a bunny

    The palate may need to be redone though

  7. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
  8. #6
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,188
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3521

    Default Re: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    oh this is so good to hear.... well, not that it took twice, but that it could help.. can you tell me why needed twice? I'm thinking that since he's a year old, it should be perfect timing
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    My Frenchie had the apnea.... scares the bejesus out of me. Had his nares and palate done twice to alleviate the apnea

  9. #7
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,188
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3521

    Default Re: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    Sirius Nares ? is that just another name for "nares" ? And thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBred View Post
    We had Sirius Nares and Palate done and have no regrets. It actually seems as if he couldnt smell as good before because now you see his nose moving all the time like a bunny

    The palate may need to be redone though

  10. #8
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    42,415
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    13715

    Default Re: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    oh this is so good to hear.... well, not that it took twice, but that it could help.. can you tell me why needed twice? I'm thinking that since he's a year old, it should be perfect timing
    His first was at 8 mths and second at 2 years... our vet was conservative on the first surgery because he was young.. so when the apnea kicked in we had to go again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  11. #9
    Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member SouthernBred's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Worcester, Mass
    Posts
    100
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sirius
    Likes (Received)
    153

    Default Re: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    Sorry bad punctuation on my part Sirius is my pups name


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #10
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,188
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3521

    Default Re: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    hahaha, so sorry.lol I looked it up and it kept telling me about the radio thing "Sirius" so glad to know... Cuite name btw and goirgeous PUP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBred View Post
    Sorry bad punctuation on my part Sirius is my pups name


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #11
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,188
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3521

    Default Re: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    aww thank you Well mabie if he needs it done again It will be when he gets the 'other' cut and btw.......... I'm crazy about your pic (shoot what do you call it,,, ya know, the pic that comes up with your posts) anyway, those sleeping kids are so heartwarming... love it
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    His first was at 8 mths and second at 2 years... our vet was conservative on the first surgery because he was young.. so when the apnea kicked in we had to go again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #12
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    42,415
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    13715

    Default Re: upcoming surgery.. soft palate etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    aww thank you Well mabie if he needs it done again It will be when he gets the 'other' cut and btw.......... I'm crazy about your pic (shoot what do you call it,,, ya know, the pic that comes up with your posts) anyway, those sleeping kids are so heartwarming... love it
    Thank you... my heart won't let me change it. It is 'avatar' picture--- it is Banks and Nitschke, my first two babies that have past.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •