Squatting but no wee

christatedavies

Feb 25, 2017
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel
Hi there

We have an 8 month old english bulldog called Mabel. She's just come into heat, and on our walk today she squatted about every 10-20 metres as if to have a wee, but nothing happened. Is this a normal "heat" thing?

Any tips on how to make her more comfortable? We're not going to breed her, just FYI...

Thanks, Chris

2016-12-27 11.35.23.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-12-27 11.35.23.jpg
    2016-12-27 11.35.23.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I wonder if that's just marking behaviour because she is in heat. You could try giving her a food such banana, celery, Brussels sprouts, carrots, and melon to increase urine.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmm... Willow has been in heat twice now, and she has had a few pee accidents but I don't remember her not peeing. She could have a UTI, so you may want to ask her vet about it... is she drinking enough water?

I never took Willow for a walk when she was in heat, and honestly it was just for our protection. Male dogs will come from miles around to get to a bitch in heat, and one time about a week before her heat these two males were following us on a walk. Walter about had a seizure, and I was nervous about a dog "fight"... just something to think about. Honestly the only thing that I do is leave Willow alone... she is already a little high strung :whistle: She gets so MAD about wearing her diaper, that most of the time she just went in her crate to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if that's just marking behaviour because she is in heat. You could try giving her a food such banana, celery, Brussels sprouts, carrots, and melon to increase urine.

That is a really good question... I have NO idea because my females never did it?!! [MENTION=5266]David H[/MENTION]

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I really had Daphne spayed early! I wanted to wait until after her first heat. Her breeder called me and said Daphne's sister (breeder kept her) was coming into heat. We have an 89 lb. intact Bulldog male five houses up the street who often wanders loose. I was scared to death he'd somehow get Daphne as the owners seem to have no control over him nor do they care that he's out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Is she peeing normally elsewhere, in the garden for example or is it only on walks she is doing this? If she is peeing normally in the garden, then fine. If she is not peeing then get her to the vet ASAP.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree with [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] but I would still speak to your Vet about this. Some do feel as if they have to pee,due to the swelling vulva. That would be occasionally-but not constantly.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
yes agreed that if normal elsewhere, she is prob just leaving her 'calling card' ... Had two female Shih Tzus do this as well..

OP
C

christatedavies

Feb 25, 2017
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel
Yeah she seems normal. Her poo's are a lot smaller (read thinner) than normal... Although, we've only noticed her behaviour today. She wee'd on the floor 3 times today (in the house) and she's normally VERY good at not making a mess in the house...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'd call your vet, could be heat cycle but might be a UTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They will do that when they are in heat.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.