Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Irritated Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    Lockjaw would do the same thing- but on the bottom of his kennel, the bottom of the baby gate- anything that has a ledge, he was trying to run his head along it. He was getting quite creative with it.

LIFE! Life has been crazy lately! Work has been crazy busy since January and won't slow down until the end of March.
    Then my daughter started softball again.

We were eating dinner and your post popped up as a notification. Lol

Simultaneously thought- she never had issues with Tyson AND Lockjaw has the same issue! Lol- I had to chime in.

They are doing really well! Penny is completely healed from her TPLO and is an absolutely different, happier dog. Lockjaw is his same ole hard headed rambunctious self.

Just another day of Penny trying to take all the toys from Lockjaw by way of humping him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So great to hear that everyone is doing well!! Work has been insane for me too, so I completely understand. Like I said I had been meaning to reach out to you and just never had a chance to sit down and do it, lol. I'm going to try some coconut oil tonight since I have that on hand and see if Christine can get me the name of the ointment so I can ask my vet for some! I guess it's a weird bulldog obsession, lol he like goes nuts! Lol I have to try and find ways to block corners now, lol hugs to the babies, love the pic. Lol you go Penny!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

2. Likes Corine Pesantes liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Walter has the same thing going on, I just haven't had time to address it yet... I have coconut oil so I will give that a try. I hope Ty Ty heals up soon...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

4. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

There's not much I can add to this as other members have done very well guiding you. However, if the aforementioned guidance does not work to your satisfaction, a trip to the Vet may be best. The Vet may prescribe something along these lines.

I'll add that it's very important to address the root cause of the irritation along with treating the symptom.
    He's allergic to something...the hard part is figuring out what.

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    There's not much I can add to this as other members have done very well guiding you. However, if the aforementioned guidance does not work to your satisfaction, a trip to the Vet may be best. The Vet may prescribe something along these lines.

I'll add that it's very important to address the root cause of the irritation along with treating the symptom.
    Thank you! I will be asking for these, I don't think he's allergic to anything. I think he causes irritation by rubbing his face on the corner of the bed and couches. He doesn't have any other irritation anywhere else. No food change, no detergent change. He's rubbed his face on things ever since he was young... I swear he had OCD. LOL.... I'll clean his face 2-4 times a day and he'll still have to rub on the couch. Thank you for the pic! Very helpful.

My whole heart, Tyson.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Irritated Eye

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post

I sent the photos to my vet and picked this up after work! She said a small amount goes a long way just put on his first application

My whole heart, Tyson.

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Yes, with most ointments, a little does go a long way. Please let us know how it goes.

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

9. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

When I have to clean around Canelo's eyes I use makeup wipes that don't have any alcohol in them like nuetrogena and I use coconut oil. On the road I have used my face cream on him if needed too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads