Help Needed! Sore in nose rope

ColleenOJ

Feb 16, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hampton and Gigi
Hi there! My bully is 4 y/o. I check his nose fold daily to make sure there's not too much gunk building up and today noticed a sore of sorts. It's completely raw skin compared to what's normal for him, compare the left side to the right side. I cleaned it with the anti microbial wipes I have today but wondering if anyone else has come across this and I need to treat it differently. Thanks for your advice!
447012d738a2046810a7a4bc611ea3b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Omg poor thing looks sore. I do essential oils and heres a recipe from one of our members for bad ear infections but I use it for Nyala's tail pocket on regular basis. It WORKS!!! A few members has used it with great results.

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear*health.Spray*on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in*ears.In*a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine: 15 drops Lavender 15 drops Geranium 15 drops Frankincense 15 drops Basil 10 drops Arborvitae. Fractionated Coconut Oil to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full. Shake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infections. If ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated coconut oil on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html
Read this link for maintenance!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16867]ColleenOJ[/MENTION] Maude had the same thing last summer. I am sure Helene's receipe works great,but I didn't have the ingredients so I used NuStock. Cleaned it off,and re-applied every other day.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We use baby ointment, Desitin. It works WONDERS, You'll see the difference overnight :) PS use a q-tip to get it into the fold, and be sure you only apply there, you don't want him to be able to lick :)
13682489.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
NuStock or desitin works perfectly for raw nose ropes

rbourque314

Jun 25, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lincoln
Definitely diaper rash ointment! My breeder swears by this stuff. I use it in his nose rope and also between toes/paws to keep these areas dry. I usually wipe out as much as I can with a baby wipe in the nose rope, dry thoroughly, then use a pea size amount on my finger and smear around. Works wonders.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Desitin is our medicin for sores.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Definitely diaper rash ointment! My breeder swears by this stuff. I use it in his nose rope and also between toes/paws to keep these areas dry. I usually wipe out as much as I can with a baby wipe in the nose rope, dry thoroughly, then use a pea size amount on my finger and smear around. Works wonders.
Please be careful if/when applying to paws…consider witch hazel for paws, or ACV...

OP
ColleenOJ

ColleenOJ

Feb 16, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hampton and Gigi
Thanks everyone! I will try the desitin first since it's the easiest to acquire [emoji5]

rbourque314

Jun 25, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lincoln
Please be careful if/when applying to paws…consider witch hazel for paws, or ACV...

Thank you! I usually only apply a small amount and only when needed in between the paws. I make sure it's dry before letting him go :)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We use baby ointment, Desitin. It works WONDERS, You'll see the difference overnight :) PS use a q-tip to get it into the fold, and be sure you only apply there, you don't want him to be able to lick :)
View attachment 104076

Yes, this is what Castor does too (well, I help him with the q-tip). Works very well!

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Just saw this thread. Hopefully I can cure my Pablo's nose with desitin.
I think he gets very teary but only on one side.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.