Other Overheating!!!!

ColleenOJ

Feb 16, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hampton and Gigi
Is there a brand that any of you prefer for a cooling mat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo

ColleenOJ

Feb 16, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hampton and Gigi
Thank you! There are lots on Amazon so I wasn't sure which one to choose.

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
I dunno if I said this already, but our babies will NOT lie on their mats !!!!:no: Ugh---we've tried everything !!! I'm ready to spread peanut butter all over the mats to get them to lie on them! Just Kidding! :w00t:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I dunno if I said this already, but our babies will NOT lie on their mats !!!!:no: Ugh---we've tried everything !!! I'm ready to spread peanut butter all over the mats to get them to lie on them! Just Kidding! :w00t:

LOL... I dare ya!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Last summer I bought a cooling mat for Jax cause he likes to lay on the deck in the sun, especially when I am out there reading. What does he do? He lays on the ground, next to the mat.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
UGH! I know what you mean! When we FIRST got Meaty, I had to keeeeep explaining to people how EASILY he could overheat. I could tell by some of their reactions that SOME family and friends just thought I was
being overly dramatic! :evil: Nope, I would always tell them they could google ANY website to confirm that I was NOT just saying this to be a drama queen!

By the way, we've always been VERY cautious as soon as it hits 80 degrees.....but as y'all probably know, they can even overheat at SEVENTY! Ugh, then you add FULL SUNSHINE, and it's just horri-bull!

I have to admit, since losing our precious elderly guy in December, (NOT related to heat stroke!!!!)----I
know it has kinda traumatized me, so I am WAY MORE anxious about hot days than I used to be. I just cannot bare to think of losing one of our babies so soon, and as I said before, we do NOT usually have temps of EIGHTY EIGHT in March.....I was NOT prepared for this at all !!!!! I thought we had until at least JUNE before we had to really worry about heat stroke!

Thank you to whoever's reading this far---LOL----I didn't mean to write a NOVEL! :D It is so wonder-bull
to have sites like this to learn / vent/ support eachother! (( hugs )) to everybully who's dreading these
dangeroussss hot days for our babies !!! :(

We're in TX, and our summers are brutal. Temp index over 100. We have a cooling collar for Tyson... it has an ice pack inside.... I'll throw it on him when we leave for a walk, and it kinda melts down his chest... its helped alot! I keep the walk super short 1/3 the time/distance as his winter walks. I also carry water on me in a crossbody bag. Once we get back, the ice pack comes out of the collar and right back in the freezer! I love it, and yes he does get "wet" bc it melts down his chest, but that's the whole purpose.... since thats the area that needs to stay cooler for them :)

Here's the link for it: I also got some extra packs but really have only used one.

https://www.amazon.com/Kool-Collar-...F8&qid=1490191734&sr=1-4&keywords=kool+collar

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Last summer I bought a cooling mat for Jax cause he likes to lay on the deck in the sun, especially when I am out there reading. What does he do? He lays on the ground, next to the mat.

:rofl:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.