General Question Incurin

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Does anyone else have any experience with Incurin for incontinence? I posted a couple months ago about our 1.5 year old girl, Pippen, having recurring UTIs and incontinence issues. We tried her on Proin and that worked for a couple weeks then stopped So added DES estrogen and that worked but only if we gave it everyday and you're not supposed to give that everyday. So I asked my vet about a new estrogen I read about called Incurin and she hadn't heard about it but looked into it and ordered it for us. We started with the initial daily dose of 2mg for 2 weeks and then decreased to 1mg/day and it's been about a month since starting the 1mg. Pippen had been perfect the whole time on it but then the last 2 nights has had incontinence again [emoji20]. I think I'm going to take her back in to see if it could be another UTI but wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with Incurin since our vets don't know much about it. I'm wondering if we can up her dosage to 2mg again for another week or so to get the incontinence under control again?

bf661d8921e64924564f8fe92ce3dc25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
According to Merck, the manufacturer, it could take up to 6 weeks to be effective. It has been on the market for 12 years. Could it be that it will take more time to be effective for Pippin? That photo-she is so so cute!!!!

OP
sunkissedpr1ncs

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
According to Merck, the manufacturer, it could take up to 6 weeks to be effective. It has been on the market for 12 years. Could it be that it will take more time to be effective for Pippin? That photo-she is so so cute!!!!

Well it was working perfect for over a month then she started leaking again so I'm not too sure! There's not a ton of info/reviews from others I could find so I don't know if it's common to have any breakthrough leaking or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor Pippen.... there is a Facebook group for special needs bullies they may have some info. Are you on Facebook?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Our rescue was on proin and incurin but we manage with a diaper on most days. The foster mum said she was restless on the medications. She doesn't leak that much (only once that we saw actually). we use washable wonders no tail hole fabric diapers for her now. Size small, though she's gained some weight in her new home :) i might buy a couple mediums. We use them mostly for the rectal polyp that pops out every now and then. When we're out to dinner or for a couple hours, i'll put a maxi pad or a poise pad inside. They have terrycloth liners that are reusable too.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Has your Pippen been evaluated for Spina Bifida? It's possible that the incontinence is causing the UTI not the other way around. Just a thought.

Most Reactions