Help Needed! Any idea on this bump?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just did witch hazel and coconut oil for him. He wasn't ready for bed. He's only 6.5 months old lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I would also take a trip to the vet to rule out mange since he is under a year that is always a possiblity

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
I would also take a trip to the vet to rule out mange since he is under a year that is always a possiblity

I was thinking maybe mange. Just looking at pics of course... But perhaps that's best bet.
Bullymama what do you think re: his weight/feeding schedule? I think I heeded your advice on the 1 cup 3x a day until a year old ? He is a BIG boy. But not fat. Solid.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was thinking maybe mange. Just looking at pics of course... But perhaps that's best bet.
Bullymama what do you think re: his weight/feeding schedule? I think I heeded your advice on the 1 cup 3x a day until a year old ? He is a BIG boy. But not fat. Solid.

At 6.5 months... and growing that fast, I would switch to adult food and drop to 2 cups a day.

My Banks was a big girl and by 1 yr she was 72lbs... we had to put her on a green bean diet for about 3 months and leveled her off at 58 lbs.. she then for the next 8 years stayed between 58-62 lbs with 2 cups of Fromm pork and peas per day

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
The vet has told us from day 1 they think he'll be like 70 lbs... but he's only 6 months and he's approaching that. So, I'll ask on that, and I'll get the skin checked.

Vet scheduled for Monday. Thanks all!

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Photo of it today:
16810968_10158120919880447_2015014828_o.jpg

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Vet tech friend has replied to our texts and says it's a hot spot... She is going based off of pictures though. That would be a fairly common issue if so. But I don't know how to tell haha

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
The harness def could have matted his fur, rubbed it, caused a hot spot. Only allergies it could be is some nohide chicken chew treat the neighbor gave him.
Vet tech friend is going to try to run over and get a sample and run it in the lab to save us a trip to the vet. If she can't, or timing doesn't work, then vet appt will remain for monday.

Witch hazel and coconut oil and maybe some benadryl... and neosporin? Am I missing anything important? Sound like a good plan?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
The harness def could have matted his fur, rubbed it, caused a hot spot. Only allergies it could be is some nohide chicken chew treat the neighbor gave him.
Vet tech friend is going to try to run over and get a sample and run it in the lab to save us a trip to the vet. If she can't, or timing doesn't work, then vet appt will remain for monday.

Witch hazel and coconut oil and maybe some benadryl... and neosporin? Am I missing anything important? Sound like a good plan?

Try to see if you can shave the area to let it dry. Yes, clean it well with some witch hazel :) And if he's itchy - yes benadryl. You got it ;)

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
123fb16a39ddef497d54ba5a45784122.jpg

I shaved what he'd let me with the help of peanut butter. Vet tech friend coming to see in person today. New harness and some hot spot spray on the way when gf is back from store.

Hoping that's all this is. It was bleeding a little this morning but no bigger or smaller today

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
123fb16a39ddef497d54ba5a45784122.jpg

I shaved what he'd let me with the help of peanut butter. Vet tech friend coming to see in person today. New harness and some hot spot spray on the way when gf is back from store.

Hoping that's all this is. It was bleeding a little this morning but no bigger or smaller today

Oh yes, resembles Bass' syrup circle…man that thing freaked me out!! Glad your friend is coming soon! Ask them if you should wait before applying the hotspot spray until she can get a sample….

Poor baby. Seeing these things up close can be so worrisome. Curious how the skin test comes back…hugs to your baby!!

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Oh yes, resembles Bass' syrup circle…man that thing freaked me out!! Glad your friend is coming soon! Ask them if you should wait before applying the hotspot spray until she can get a sample….

Poor baby. Seeing these things up close can be so worrisome. Curious how the skin test comes back…hugs to your baby!!
She won't be doing a sample I don't think. Basically just telling us whether or not it's something simple or to pay for the vet. I think Pablo has too much yeast or something because he had yeast infection in his folds and might have too much tear production.
Obviously this isn't from tear but in general he seems to have some skin issues anywhere that gets damp.

Will update!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
She won't be doing a sample I don't think. Basically just telling us whether or not it's something simple or to pay for the vet. I think Pablo has too much yeast or something because he had yeast infection in his folds and might have too much tear production.
Obviously this isn't from tear but in general he seems to have some skin issues anywhere that gets damp.

Will update!

ACV (apple cider vinegar) is great for counteracting candida.

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
She said definitely not hot spot because was very dry. She thinks just skin irritation said definitely no need to go to vet, gave us a bunch of cleaners and stuff for him and said if not better in a few days let her know and she'll come back and try to actually do a test.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online