Help Needed! Any idea on this bump?

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Pablo has been wearing a harness and it's been on him for the week pretty much and I'm hoping this is what is causing this? Any ideas? It's right where the ring of the harness is on his shoulder. The harness had gotten a bit tight also because he's growing so fast.

It's two lightly raised bumps one long and skinny and one just small and round.

Aside from the vet, anyone have any insight? Thank you in advance!
4e8a06c54fccfbc46118a4c5bfe883a5.jpg

c25084e44b1ebf76dc9c59343941e035.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
One bump is a bit big for pimples I think. I think it doesn't look like anything serious, maybe just irritation from the harness being on so long? I hope. Going to monitor it and go to the vet if no progress. Only use harness when he goes out.
Got me worried :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I was going to ask you where on the body. Yes harnesses can irritate any skin. Have you cleaned it? If so with what? Use witch hazel then moisturize with coconut oil.

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
I was going to ask you where on the body. Yes harnesses can irritate any skin. Have you cleaned it? If so with what? Use witch hazel then moisturize with coconut oil.
Right on his right shoulder, where the metal ring rubs his skin. I only used his malacetic wipes that I use for his face.

He's in bed now but will clean with witch hazel tomorrow. Appreciate it. Going to just keep an eye. Hoping his hair grows back quick

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Here's a picture of him as an update from his puppy pictures I posted last time I was here

93d5b102153b2d5418f21ecde8486ec9.jpg

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Holy cow 6.5 months old only? You pulling my leg? Lol What do you feed this little Pablo Picasso? Lol orijen puppy?

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Holy cow 6.5 months old only? You pulling my leg? Lol What do you feed this little Pablo Picasso? Lol orijen puppy?
One cup 3x a day, fromm puppy. All based on recommendations here.

He's huge. Vet thinks 70lbs but he's fast approaching lol. He's a beast. Born 7/28/16!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
One cup 3x a day, fromm puppy. All based on recommendations here.

He's huge. Vet thinks 70lbs but he's fast approaching lol. He's a beast. Born 7/28/16!

Depending on what kind of Bulldog he is, if he's fast approaching 70lbs and only 6.5 months maybe should start thinking putting him to adult food. Puppy food is extremely high in calories. My GS was on orijen puppy and had to take him off cause at 6 months old he was 55lbs. Adult he was 115lbs. He was not a King GS either. He just grew too fast. Might want to talk to your vet about it. Just a thought.

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Will consider that! He's not fat at all, he is just super thick. It's still all developing to muscle. I don't want him to be much bigger lol but do want him to fully grow

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
He's gorgeous! We had a similar irritation last spring. It took about 2 weeks to clear up. I use witch hazel, coconut oil, Desitin and when there is an open or raw looking irritation, Neosporin. <-that last one I used for 2-3 days, then W.H. and coconut oil daily. Good luck, just keep an eye on it, sometimes the strangest things can bother their skin. My girls spilled syrup on Bass once and it irritated his fur, right down to the skin, took almost a month to completely heal up.

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
He's gorgeous! We had a similar irritation last spring. It took about 2 weeks to clear up. I use witch hazel, coconut oil, Desitin and when there is an open or raw looking irritation, Neosporin. <-that last one I used for 2-3 days, then W.H. and coconut oil daily. Good luck, just keep an eye on it, sometimes the strangest things can bother their skin. My girls spilled syrup on Bass once and it irritated his fur, right down to the skin, took almost a month to completely heal up.

I was just about to make a vet visit. I'm glad you replied. He isn't in pain, he isn't even irritated by it (no scratching or anything) but it definitely looks gross. It looked like more raw today, but it's not an open wound or anything, just hair loss and 2 bumps on his bald skin in that patch.

We are moving to VT next weekend, so I may end up taking him prior to us moving if it doesn't show signs of getting better or staying the same. I will try desitin as well as the witch hazel and coconut oil. THANKS! :)

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I was just about to make a vet visit. I'm glad you replied. He isn't in pain, he isn't even irritated by it (no scratching or anything) but it definitely looks gross. It looked like more raw today, but it's not an open wound or anything, just hair loss and 2 bumps on his bald skin in that patch.

We are moving to VT next weekend, so I may end up taking him prior to us moving if it doesn't show signs of getting better or staying the same. I will try desitin as well as the witch hazel and coconut oil. THANKS! :)
A vet call is always wise…they can do a skin test and and it will give you peace of mind knowing it isn't anything else. After the syrup incident (and a vet check) I got a better idea of when to call and when to self-treat…Better to err on the side of caution, but it does look similar (from what I can tell) to the pimples that we see usually around Spring/Summer.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.