Bulldog Toe Swelling Need Advice.

pfgray2008

Aug 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None Yet
Does anyone know what might be causing my Bulldogs paw to swell up like this? For the past month his one of his rear toes has doubled in size and appears mildly irritated. Iā€™ve checked his paws repeatedly and I canā€™t find any source of abrasion, cut, foreign object etc. Surprisingly it doesnā€™t seem to bother my Bully Chubs at all. Apparently Iā€™m more concerned than he is with the inflammation. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to treat something like this? Iā€™ve been giving him Epson salt soaks for his paws for a week but that hasnā€™t helped. :unsure:

IMG_1814.JPGIMG_1815.JPGIMG_1816.JPG

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I have no answer as to what this might be, but I would take him to a vet to have it assessed!

bulliebullybull

Sep 9, 2016
South west Pennsylvania
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Possibly infection especially if it's warm or hotter then other toes your just unable to see the origin which lots of times is deep between toes and is fungal In origin. Needs vet assist on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hmmm. Did it just appear out of no where? Have you checked for any tiny pokes? Like a spider/bug bite possibly? Is it hot?

Odd that it's just that one toe. He could have something embedded under the skin that is causing it to swell up like that. Can you feel anything unusual?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It is odd that it doesn't seem to bother him-but it could be an infection. Should have your vet check it out-you wouldn't want it to proceed into something more serious.... [MENTION=9606]pfgray2008[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does anyone know what might be causing my Bulldogs paw to swell up like this? For the past month his one of his rear toes has doubled in size and appears mildly irritated. Iā€™ve checked his paws repeatedly and I canā€™t find any source of abrasion, cut, foreign object etc. Surprisingly it doesnā€™t seem to bother my Bully Chubs at all. Apparently Iā€™m more concerned than he is with the inflammation. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to treat something like this? Iā€™ve been giving him Epson salt soaks for his paws for a week but that hasnā€™t helped. :unsure:

View attachment 103834View attachment 103835View attachment 103836

I agree with the gang, could be something going on inside the toe... have a vet look at it

OP
P

pfgray2008

Aug 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None Yet
Well that was a huge waste of time and money $60 for office visit. I went to a new highly recommended Vet in Bay Area for Bulldogs and the Vet took one look at Chubs for about 5 seconds and said "if it's not bothering him I wouldn't worry about it." She didn't even bother to turn on the exam light. I drove 2 hours roundtrip for that professional advice, hell she didn't even bother to mention any other possibilities of cause or treatment. Granted I'm grateful it doesn't appear to be serious but it's still odd and it's certainly not normal.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well that was a huge waste of time and money $60 for office visit. I went to a new highly recommended Vet in Bay Area for Bulldogs and the Vet took one look at Chubs for about 5 seconds and said "if it's not bothering him I wouldn't worry about it." She didn't even bother to turn on the exam light. I drove 2 hours roundtrip for that professional advice, hell she didn't even bother to mention any other possibilities of cause or treatment. Granted I'm grateful it doesn't appear to be serious but it's still odd and it's certainly not normal.

Totally unprofessional... i hope it continues to not be an issue,

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online