Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Arthritis Med **GALLIPRANT** and/or Adequan

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
    Likes (Received)

Default New Arthritis Med **GALLIPRANT** and/or Adequan

Hi......I'd love to hear from anybully who's familiar with this new arthritis med---GALLIPRANT and/or
    another med called ADEQUAN?
    Our sweet 8-year-old Meaty just started on the Galliprant yesterday----hope it helps! Himz recently started
    limping, and our vet did Xrays and said himz has arthritis in his elbows, one hip, and upper back

Please also let me know if your baby(ies) have had ADEQUAN injections and if those helped.
    He just finished getting 6 injections of ADEQUAN, but it doesn't look as though they've helped.
    If he doesn't improve, Dr. wants to get MRIs of his elbows.

Our 6-year-old also has some arthritis in one hip, plus a luxating patella ("Floating Kneecap"). She also had several Adequan injections last year; and she hasn't limped again!

Both babies are also on a daily glucosamine/ chondroiton supplement. I had my doubts about them;
    (and WHOA.....they are expen$ive!)--- but
    after doing LOTS of reading, they DO seem to help some doggies! Maybe our girl has been doing better
    because she's been on the supplements a long time? I hope they help him; we only started him on
    the supplements back in December.

Thanks in advance for your replies, and I HOPE that if your babies have arthritis, they are doing well!

2. Likes helsonwheels, Manydogs, 1Chumly liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Arthritis Med **GALLIPRANT** and/or Adequan

Adorable photo! You said.....Both babies are also on a daily glucosamine/ chondroiton supplement. I had my doubts about them;(and WHOA.....they are expen$ive!)--- butafter doing LOTS of reading, they DO seem to help some doggies! Maybe our girl has been doing betterbecause she's been on the supplements a long time? I hope they help him; we only started him onthe supplements back in December.*

In any supplements it takes time. Minimum 6 months.... buy them at Costco in liquid form as the body will absorb it faster and all of it. A lot of people don't know but in pill form you lose more than 1/2 of the supplement as it goes straight to the intestines. Try to find all in liquid form. And yes in dogs the age faster than us so needs to be started younger. You should also make yourself a rubbing essential oils. Example mix 5 drops lavender, 5drops Japanese mint in 1/2cup of coconut oil the clear one and rub it on the joints. Great for humans too.

4. Likes TooTooMommy liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@helsonwheels......Wow, THANK YOU for all that wonder-bull info!!! I WISH we had started them both on supplements
    when they were younger! Especially Meaty, since he turned EIGHT in November! We also give them massages, and I
    LOVE essential oils, so thank you for that recipe,too

We adopted a 12-year-old bulldog last year, and his arthritis
    was SOO bad......I massaged his poor legs almost every day....sweet guy! (he died in December...we miss himzzz
    sooo much, we still cry when we think of him!)

6. Likes Manydogs, helsonwheels liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

My Tyson has arthritis - we did Adequan injections for about a year they did work but seemed to kinda stop working after. We have him on Rimadyl now and it's done wonders. We also give him Dasuquin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TooTooMommy View Post
    @helsonwheels......Wow, THANK YOU for all that wonder-bull info!!! I WISH we had started them both on supplements
    when they were younger! Especially Meaty, since he turned EIGHT in November! We also give them massages, and I
    LOVE essential oils, so thank you for that recipe,too

We adopted a 12-year-old bulldog last year, and his arthritis
    was SOO bad......I massaged his poor legs almost every day....sweet guy! (he died in December...we miss himzzz
    sooo much, we still cry when we think of him!)
    So sorry for your lost. 12yrs old is real good for a bully to have reached that far.

Here are more recipes for healing. Feel free to add yours that you know that works like other members did!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...tial-oils.html

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TooTooMommy View Post
    Hi......I'd love to hear from anybully who's familiar with this new arthritis med---GALLIPRANT and/or
    another med called ADEQUAN?
    Our sweet 8-year-old Meaty just started on the Galliprant yesterday----hope it helps! Himz recently started
    limping, and our vet did Xrays and said himz has arthritis in his elbows, one hip, and upper back

Please also let me know if your baby(ies) have had ADEQUAN injections and if those helped.
    He just finished getting 6 injections of ADEQUAN, but it doesn't look as though they've helped.
    If he doesn't improve, Dr. wants to get MRIs of his elbows.

Our 6-year-old also has some arthritis in one hip, plus a luxating patella ("Floating Kneecap"). She also had several Adequan injections last year; and she hasn't limped again!

Both babies are also on a daily glucosamine/ chondroiton supplement. I had my doubts about them;
    (and WHOA.....they are expen$ive!)--- but
    after doing LOTS of reading, they DO seem to help some doggies! Maybe our girl has been doing better
    because she's been on the supplements a long time? I hope they help him; we only started him on
    the supplements back in December.

Thanks in advance for your replies, and I HOPE that if your babies have arthritis, they are doing well!

Talk with your vet about laser therapy ... I used it for Banks on her spine and hips along with a medicine cocktails, but the laser works, it really helps lessen the stiffness and pain.
    We are currently taking our 5 yr old Frenchie for laser on his spine , as luck would have it, he developed the same issue Banks had (butterfly vertebrae) and at this time, laser is the only thing he needs... no meds at all
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Hello, I would appreciate hearing from anybully else, and what meds / treatments are working for your babi(es). Thank you

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Another member @Dollys Owner got us started on ACTI-FLEX 4000 Just started but both Hank, Josie (old Chihuahua) and older me are now taking it.. For me, I put a t in my tangerine juice and it tastes like the old orange Julies to me so I'm good with it. Dogs take it in food fine. Check on Amazon and read some reviews.. I've just started so cant give much on it but like I said, reviews are real nice.

12. Likes Dollys Owner, TooTooMommy liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

I would say Galliprant is the safest of all the non narcotic pain killers you can give your dog so you are already doing great. You can also give turmeric powder with some ground up pepper with his food each day( start with 1/4 tsp with 6 grinds of pepper grinder ). Movoflex is another supplement you can give your dog. It's got eggshell membrane and supposed to be quite good. I use Actiflex-4000 as a glucosamine/hyaluronic acid suplement for my dog, since it's meant for horses so works out quite reasonable.

14. Likes 2BullyMama, TooTooMommy liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I use Movoflex for Cheli along with the laser therapy and it has helped him

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Thieves essential oil they also mske a balm.

17. Likes TooTooMommy liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

We're on Galliprant and we also do Tumeric pills. Been working great so far! We switched over to Galliprant from Rimadyl bc it doesn't have the sides effects to the liver/kidneys.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

19. Likes 2BullyMama, TooTooMommy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads