Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Two words. Ole Yeller.

Your choice. Jewel and Bentley say hello to Nyala. Is there a lot of wild life where you live? Then you might consider. If in a wild life environment, you may want to consider Leptospirosis.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I wish titers testing was allowed by me as we would have that done instead and only get the shots when absolutely necessary.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Im wondering as well, that, if your in a state that 'requires' your dog to have this what are the ways to 'get around' it if you choose not to. Im leaning on the 'not' side, but dont know if i can pull that off... Also, if they did fine with the first, does that mean that they'll be fine with the next?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Always done it without question...never an issue. Here in VA it's my understanding that it's required by state and local gov't in order to license the pet.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I would do the titer test if I could but you have to have the Rabies shot here to do anything. You can't get their toenails trimmed without showing proof.

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
I've always given my dogs the rabies vaccine. Never had an issue. I've honestly never really thought about it, but we have so many squirrels, raccoons and even coyotes where we live I'm just not willing to chance it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I've always given my dogs the rabies vaccine. Never had an issue. I've honestly never really thought about it, but we have so many squirrels, raccoons and even coyotes where we live I'm just not willing to chance it.

My situation exactly. Never had a dog with a problem with a rabies shot. If the shot was given in the wrong place or too deep, that may have caused the problem( or an unsterile syringe.....)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Two words. Ole Yeller.

Your choice. Jewel and Bentley say hello to Nyala. Is there a lot of wild life where you live? Then you might consider. If in a wild life environment, you may want to consider Leptospirosis.

God we were sitting on the gym floor at school and the whole school was watchin "ole yeller". I was like 7...we walked out ther crying. Today you cant show a movie like that to any young kid. Lol

Im in a small town of 100, 000 ppl. We do have small critters. My GS never had the shot till I had to bring him to the rcmp kennel so I can fly home. They check all shots. They are good for 3 yrs here. I will call see if they do titers testing. I would rather have that for sure. There isnt really a law here that pushes you to have it done. Like they done come banging on your door. Just a friendly postcard reminder.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got off the phone with the vet and it's not mandatory in Canada unless you have your dog in a boarding kennel then they will ask for all updated shots.

BisouBisou

Nov 13, 2016
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Bisou
Were in NYC so it is required for our Bisou to receive that vaccination. odly enough he is scheduled for this saturday to receive it

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
It's BS I've had several dogs and never got them rabies shot and guess what never was a problem.oh and why do I need to licence my dog because it's all about the $$$$$$$ period. I did however get tank and dozer the shot but not because I wanted to and they will probably never get the **** again. Just my 2cents ask around your are and see just how many rabid dogs are running around

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
PA law requires it, but I would not pass on it because we have wildlife come through our yard (deer, raccoon, snakes, bunnies, hawks, etc) A bad reaction is much better than the alternative, but we have been very lucky to have never had a reaction.

Rabies in PA are 3 year shot

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
When I flew back to the US with Chumly, the ONLY piece of paper Customs wanted to see out of the stack that I had was the proof of rabies.... and we were coming from a rabies free country!

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
It is required where I live. Although I get the so called 3 yr vaccine.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.