helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
It's just one of those things. Damm you do, damm you dont.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We do the 3 year Rabies shot for Dozer and Blossom. We have a lot of wildlife in our area especially raccoons and skunks.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

What airline did you use? We generally use BA for ourselves, but am thinking of taking Daphne this year. We thought about doing a transAtlantic crossing on Cunard. They have kennels and we could do a seven day crossing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Nyala is due for her rabies shot. I just hate that shot. Ive seen so many cats n dogs with issues with that shot. Another one lately is Abe, one of our members in here.have no clue what's happening with Abe. Hope he's well. Im just debating for Nyala. Here's a great article that makes you wonder even more.

The Big Scam: Rabies Vaccination - Dogs Naturally Magazine

65 Ways Rabies Vaccination Can Harm Your Dog - Dogs Naturally Magazine

It's the law here in Florida. The dog must also wear its rabies tag at all times. It serves as the dog's license.

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
It's the law in almost every state but I'm a rebel and I do what I want!

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
The jails are full of rebels...just sayin'

The day I go to jail over a rabie shot is the day I no longer want to be alive. I'm not a puppet and I got rights not going to be told what I can and can't do with my pet. Just saying [emoji4] [emoji4]

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
What airline did you use? We generally use BA for ourselves, but am thinking of taking Daphne this year. We thought about doing a transAtlantic crossing on Cunard. They have kennels and we could do a seven day crossing.

Going over we used BA. We had two cats, a dog (not a bulldog) and a parrot. It cost a fortune! Several years later on the way back we now had Chumly. We had lost our dog to old age and the two cats to cancer within 3 months of each other. The parrot we took to a parrot sanctuary and I hope he is still as happy as a lark! If I knew then, what I know now, I would never have flown Chumly. It was the trip from hell and everything that could go wrong, did. We were paying for everything ourselves (household goods etc.) and money was an issue so I went with KLM as it was about 1/4 of the price. I will say it wasn't all KLM's fault as such. We were delayed leaving Heathrow so there was not time for him to go to the pet hotel in Amsterdam as planned. Then we had the worst landing I have ever experienced flying and all I could think about was my poor boy in the hold. Because we were delayed, Chumly did not get any potty break from his kennel. I asked where he was and was told "don't worry, he is fine". This happened another couple of times so of course, I hit the roof! Then I had two managers and one other person running all over the holding area checking on my dog. They had given him water and under threat of death, swore to me he was fine. I had checked the weather for several days as I did not want to land in the TX heat but sods law, the day we traveled it shot up and it was over 90 when we landed. Dogs in the hold were supposed to be off loaded first but I watched and it was 1/2 an hour before they got them out of there. He was in his crate 17 hours. Once I saw him in customs I thought we were headed straight to the emergency vet. He was so stressed out, soaking wet from slobber etc and huddled as far in the corner of his crate he could get. He wouldn't look at me at all. Luckily customs were quick and as soon as we got him in the car, he started to calm down. I have never been so scared for my dog before. DO NOT fly a brachycephalic dog unless you absolutely have to. For a vacation, there is no way I would risk it. You just don't know what is going to happen. I have been told (and do not know this for sure) that there is a years waiting list at least for going by boat as kennels are limited. I would have waited that year if I had known how Chumly was going to suffer. There are too many horror stories and some airlines refuse to fly short nosed dogs at all because the risk is that much greater. If you cannot go by boat then I would leave her at home.

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Going over we used BA. We had two cats, a dog (not a bulldog) and a parrot. It cost a fortune! Several years later on the way back we now had Chumly. We had lost our dog to old age and the two cats to cancer within 3 months of each other. The parrot we took to a parrot sanctuary and I hope he is still as happy as a lark! If I knew then, what I know now, I would never have flown Chumly. It was the trip from hell and everything that could go wrong, did. We were paying for everything ourselves (household goods etc.) and money was an issue so I went with KLM as it was about 1/4 of the price. I will say it wasn't all KLM's fault as such. We were delayed leaving Heathrow so there was not time for him to go to the pet hotel in Amsterdam as planned. Then we had the worst landing I have ever experienced flying and all I could think about was my poor boy in the hold. Because we were delayed, Chumly did not get any potty break from his kennel. I asked where he was and was told "don't worry, he is fine". This happened another couple of times so of course, I hit the roof! Then I had two managers and one other person running all over the holding area checking on my dog. They had given him water and under threat of death, swore to me he was fine. I had checked the weather for several days as I did not want to land in the TX heat but sods law, the day we traveled it shot up and it was over 90 when we landed. Dogs in the hold were supposed to be off loaded first but I watched and it was 1/2 an hour before they got them out of there. He was in his crate 17 hours. Once I saw him in customs I thought we were headed straight to the emergency vet. He was so stressed out, soaking wet from slobber etc and huddled as far in the corner of his crate he could get. He wouldn't look at me at all. Luckily customs were quick and as soon as we got him in the car, he started to calm down. I have never been so scared for my dog before. DO NOT fly a brachycephalic dog unless you absolutely have to. For a vacation, there is no way I would risk it. You just don't know what is going to happen. I have been told (and do not know this for sure) that there is a years waiting list at least for going by boat as kennels are limited. I would have waited that year if I had known how Chumly was going to suffer. There are too many horror stories and some airlines refuse to fly short nosed dogs at all because the risk is that much greater. If you cannot go by boat then I would leave her at home.

Thank you.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] reminds me when I was in Montreal and my eldest was here in Alberta. His gf wanted me to bring her dog to the airport so she can have her dog with her in Alberta. Ok...get ready at 3am!!!! The friend brings me the dog and I leave with the dog to the airport. The flight, kennel everything was paid for in advance. I just had to bring the dog and give him a pill. Get to the airport, this bozo behind the desk says, you dont have a blanket? Errr no so go back in the car get a blanket. 800 $ you would think they would give one for the dog. But, true make sense. Then he says, your kennel is too small the dog, ears touches the top. I bend down looked and the ears were barely touching. I look at him like are you kidding me!!! Said the ears are supposed to be 2" free. Well, poor guy probably wished he should of shut up. I can take a lot but dont be a damm jerk as I will put you to your place fast. Enough its not even my dog, get up driving at 3am to an airport, get a blanket, get a speech for ears barely touching the top of the kennel, pop a pill to the poor dog which he didn't want. I look at him and asked him if his mother ever dropped him on his head and what dog will stand up through a 5hr flight after taking a pill in the cargo where they will be freezing and scare Sh*t???? He never answered. Lollll I left.

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

I once flew my SharPei from Florida to my parents home in Canada. It wasn't a particularly long trip nor full of problems, but she was a very sensitive dog and was very traumatized. So much in fact that my father insisted that I let him rent a car for me to drive her the 1500 miles back to my home in Florida.

I have read that Air France will let dogs fly in the cabin, but I imagine a bully wouldn't qualify. We were thinking of spending 2 or 3 months in UK this year. I'd hate to be separated from Daphne that long, but it's got to be about what's best for her.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.