Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
What you are describing my boy is currently recovering from... gastric ulcers. His developed due to stress and being on many medications due to having three surgeries/hospitilized for other problems. Anyways, after he came home the last time
He wouldn't stop puking(often yellow bile if he had not eaten, or foam), couldn't eat, blood in his stools. They thought it was esophagitis from the endotracheal
Tube during surgery, so they scoped him to have a look. Turns out it was gastric ulcers. He had every test under the moon - blood tests, ultrasound, barium swallow, etc. they had no clue it was gastric ulcers until he was scoped. It may be a different diagnosis in your case, but I really suggest you ask your vet about that possibility. He is now on a new easy digestible food (just while he heals), antacids, and a pill that coats his stomach. We haven't had puke in awhile thankfully!
Good Info!! Thank you for sharing!!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Update on my fur baby, he is getting better no more pucking, he still needs more recovering to do but he is doing great! .. thanks everyone for the input... the vet said he has gastric ulcers..
Wow, glad you found out the cause! How are YOU doing?? You are getting so close, when is your actual DD? I hope you are taking it easy :heart: Much love to you xo

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Is there anyway to highlight gastric ulcers for this thread [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I can add to title when I get to a computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.