Thread: Vet Visits

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

Default Vet Visits

I am going to call the vet tomorrow to find out but wondering what your vet schedule is like with an EB. The last time I had to take Bear was months ago when he scratched his cornea. He isn't due for any more shots, I don't think until June. Should bullies go every couple months, 2x a year, yearly? I know the ones with ongoing problems its more but in general is there a suggestion on how often to go? Or just like any other breed?
    I didn't do it

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vet Visits

You're asking the wrong person when it comes to me and Maggie ..................... she's at the vets so much for various things that I'm thinking of renting a room there!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I take my two boys every six months for a "well puppy" visit - I am more proactive about their health than my own - but I also have a wellness plan for that which provides two free comprehensive physicals per year plus free office visits. Still, I think it's a wise idea and helps keep them in great shape.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

With two bullies and one with medical issues, we are at the vets at least once a month.

Always with me

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Now that you bring it up I'll have to ask Gracie's vet about wellness visits. She needs a shot next month but I don't know how often she needs it so I'll ask then. Thanx for bringing it up.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Personally I go once a year for a standard full exam and every other month we stop in for anal gland expressions. We go thru periods where we have issues like that 6 month period of non-stop ear infections, surgery to remove the toy, allergy issues, when I freaked out about the head tremors and had them test him for everything LOL, etc so most of the time we end up in there for more than one exam a year but I make sure he gets at least one.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

I am there every 4-5 weeks to get his anal glands done, so our Vet see's Vegas on a regular basis, If something else comes up of course I take him in for that. He gets his yearly shots in June, and I just have doc give him a quick physical since we are there so often for the glands.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

We go about every six months, so far so good.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I take Silva once a year for shots and then if something comes up we go, so maybe twice a year. I am very excited that I found a Vet bully and once Stella joins the family both will be going! I am not happy where I currently take Silva and have been on the hunt for a bully vet for a while, it is a long drive but I think definitely worth it!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Remove Ads