Vet Visits

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I am going to call the vet tomorrow to find out but wondering what your vet schedule is like with an EB. The last time I had to take Bear was months ago when he scratched his cornea. He isn't due for any more shots, I don't think until June. Should bullies go every couple months, 2x a year, yearly? I know the ones with ongoing problems its more but in general is there a suggestion on how often to go? Or just like any other breed?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You're asking the wrong person when it comes to me and Maggie ..................... she's at the vets so much for various things that I'm thinking of renting a room there! :crazy:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I take my two boys every six months for a "well puppy" visit - I am more proactive about their health than my own - but I also have a wellness plan for that which provides two free comprehensive physicals per year plus free office visits. Still, I think it's a wise idea and helps keep them in great shape.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
With two bullies and one with medical issues, we are at the vets at least once a month.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Now that you bring it up I'll have to ask Gracie's vet about wellness visits. She needs a shot next month but I don't know how often she needs it so I'll ask then. Thanx for bringing it up.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Personally I go once a year for a standard full exam and every other month we stop in for anal gland expressions. We go thru periods where we have issues like that 6 month period of non-stop ear infections, surgery to remove the toy, allergy issues, when I freaked out about the head tremors and had them test him for everything LOL, etc so most of the time we end up in there for more than one exam a year but I make sure he gets at least one.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am there every 4-5 weeks to get his anal glands done, so our Vet see's Vegas on a regular basis, If something else comes up of course I take him in for that. He gets his yearly shots in June, and I just have doc give him a quick physical since we are there so often for the glands.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I take Silva once a year for shots and then if something comes up we go, so maybe twice a year. I am very excited that I found a Vet bully and once Stella joins the family both will be going! I am not happy where I currently take Silva and have been on the hunt for a bully vet for a while, it is a long drive but I think definitely worth it!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.