Good Article if you Suspect Seizure

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:up: thank you --- great share

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Excellent post and link, thx for sharing!! I, too, love the advice of video-ing…I know I may not think to do this in a panic state if I saw a seizure happening…so good to know ahead of time!! Love and noted this paragraph…

"Generally, if your pet has never had a seizure before and then has 2 or more seizures in a 24 hours period, they should be seen immediately. If your pet has had seizures in the past but has been controlled on medications, care should be sought immediately if more than 3 seizures happen in a 24 hour period. Any seizure that lasts for more than 5 minutes is unlikely to stop without medical intervention and can quickly become life threatening. We advise people to start heading to the car and get their vet on the phone once a seizure has gone on for longer than 3 minutes, so that you are well on your way once the 5 minute mark has been reached. Finally, if your pet has a seizure and isn’t acting completely normally within 30 minutes, please seek care straight away."

Great post @nellbell

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
so, for some reason I cannot access that link…but re-read this post tonight, because we may have had our very first seizure - and I am unable to sleep!

I have my camera ready to video… Bass is snoring right by my bed-side - but HOLY MOLY, seeing, what I believe was, a seizure scared the BE-GEEPUZ out of me tonight!!

I will be on this site researching all night and am hoping for my bully fam to offer some suggestions :nervous::(:help1::please::*(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It won't open any more on my end :chapped: I think my MAC is outdated.

Going nuts researching tonight…

I just checked the linked.,... it opened right up, so I think you are right on the computer issue

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online