1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Poor Monty! I took him to the vet yesterday as he had an infection way up under his tail and I haven't been able to clear it up. I had a feeling they would want to keep him so didn't feed him breakfast. He has already had two surgeries, one big one to amputate part of his tail and restructure his tail pocket. The other was because it didn't heal properly and got infected IIRC. I trust his vet completely and know he wouldn't have suggested more surgery unless it was really necessary and I also know if it happens again, it will mean complete amputation. Sooo, now he has a big shaved butt and last time, it took nearly a year to grow back. He is doing fine except a bad case of gas which is unusual for him! Fingers crossed this will finally fix his problem with his tail.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hang in there. If he did it 2x he'll be fine on the 3rd time.... what's that saying? 3rd time is a charm...forgot the saying.
Monty is a little trooper. He will do great and you believe in your vet so that just there is great! Sending positive vibes.....:pray2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor Monty... that has to be soo uncomfortable and painful for them. big hugs and prayers this is the one that fixes it.

I know what you mean about the shaved butt... Lambeau is about 16 months from his tail amputation and we can still see a line across his back where the shave line was form surgery

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Good luck, Monty - paws crossed here!

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Update.

My poor boy! I had to take him back to the vet again today. I noticed a slight swelling on the left of his rear end yesterday morning. By the afternoon it had turned red and was very warm so I made an appointment for as soon as possible today. I thought it was an infected anal gland as it looked very similar to my dachshund that had it last year. His vet thought the same thing and said it looked like it was going to rupture and it needed to to be lanced. So, I left him for about an hour for it to be done. When I went to pick him up, it wasn't that at all. The original infection was building up inside. His wound from the surgery looks great but that infection was deeper than we knew. He now has a tube to drain it and is not very happy. He can't settle. I have to call on Saturday and take him back on Monday.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
breaks my heart... I know how 'even' little things can be so hard on us much less something like this... I'm so sorry for you both... Prayers for this to heal fast..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update.

My poor boy! I had to take him back to the vet again today. I noticed a slight swelling on the left of his rear end yesterday morning. By the afternoon it had turned red and was very warm so I made an appointment for as soon as possible today. I thought it was an infected anal gland as it looked very similar to my dachshund that had it last year. His vet thought the same thing and said it looked like it was going to rupture and it needed to to be lanced. So, I left him for about an hour for it to be done. When I went to pick him up, it wasn't that at all. The original infection was building up inside. His wound from the surgery looks great but that infection was deeper than we knew. He now has a tube to drain it and is not very happy. He can't settle. I have to call on Saturday and take him back on Monday.

Sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers to your sweet boy ... has to be so painful.

Great catch with seeing it early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.