Teralee

Jan 25, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hi we have a 7 month old english bulldog pup named Charlie. He gets cherry eyes usually daily from playing with our Frenchies. My husband can Massage them back in usually with no problem. I just wondered if this is common for them to get them so frequently like ours does?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It's extremely common in EBD'S, if you can massage them back then that will work... sometimes they won't go back (like my Willow) and she had surgery a couple of months ago. Her eye looks normal now... most vets will want you to wait till they get a little bit older before doing cherry eye surgery.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi we have a 7 month old english bulldog pup named Charlie. He gets cherry eyes usually daily from playing with our Frenchies. My husband can Massage them back in usually with no problem. I just wondered if this is common for them to get them so frequently like ours does?

Nyala's cherry eye would come out often if she would get excited. As a pup they are always excited. When she was spayed the vet tucked it in by putting a stitch. To this day when she plays with her pitbull cousins her eye gets a bit on the puffy side but stays in. Tug a war does it too.

Type cherry eye in the search box above and you will find tons of info from other member's dog and cherry eye. Where in Canada are you my canuk friend?

Most Reactions