General Question Lemon Juice

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Daphne has a lot of phlegm. So much in fact that the first few days of it, I kept getting up to check the coffee maker because I thought I heard it brewing coffee and I knew I wasn't making a pot. It was Daphne walking around in the kitchen.

Do I use just regular lemon juice in the bottle? Or, I do have fresh lemons I could use.

Do I dilute it?

How much?

Do I just shove it in her mouth?

Just one time?

Is she going to hate me forever after?

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I usually just squirt a small amount in their mouth, and I just use the juice in the squeeze bottle... she probably won't like it, but it does break up the phlegm. Have you ever talked to her vet about it?

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I usually just squirt a small amount in their mouth, and I just use the juice in the squeeze bottle... she probably won't like it, but it does break up the phlegm. Have you ever talked to her vet about it?

I haven't called the vet yet. Everything else is perfectly normal, fat and sassy. I thought I'd try the lemon juice first. Plus, it's not all the time. She doesn't do it when she sleeps. Every once in a while she tries to hack it up. Otherwise, it's off again, on again.

Thanks for the response.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I haven't called the vet yet. Everything else is perfectly normal, fat and sassy. I thought I'd try the lemon juice first. Plus, it's not all the time. She doesn't do it when she sleeps. Every once in a while she tries to hack it up. Otherwise, it's off again, on again.

Thanks for the response.

Absolutely... my dogs will get like that if the get really excited about something. I will have to put up a video of Wally and his varsity ball... Lol :facepalm2:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes, just a quick squirt down the back of her mouth should do. She won't hate you, lol I've only used it a few times, but I just sqeeze the lemon bottle itself right into his mouth. Tyson just gave me a weird look like "wth" LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Yes, just a quick squirt down the back of her mouth should do. She won't hate you, lol I've only used it a few times, but I just sqeeze the lemon bottle itself right into his mouth. Tyson just gave me a weird look like "wth" LOL

:yes: :up:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Daphne has a lot of phlegm. So much in fact that the first few days of it, I kept getting up to check the coffee maker because I thought I heard it brewing coffee and I knew I wasn't making a pot. It was Daphne walking around in the kitchen.

Do I use just regular lemon juice in the bottle? Or, I do have fresh lemons I could use.

Do I dilute it?

How much?

Do I just shove it in her mouth?

Just one time?

Is she going to hate me forever after?

Thanks in Advance

Hey my canuk friend, start reading the link attached!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oil.html

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Thanks I'm reading now. It's 5:38am and the Daphne and I are awake and waiting for sunrise.

I just did the lemon juice thing by giving Daphne a squirt in the back of her mouth. She didn't do anything but shake her head a bit and then drink some water. Then, after she slipped water from her mouth all over the clean kitchen floor and within 30 seconds she stopped gurgling and percolating. Next she went to sleep. She's snoring like a lumberjack, but she isn't sounding like the coffee maker. It seems like a minor miracle to me.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I did this when foot was suffering from overheat and couldn't believe the difference but I didn't have the bottle I had to squeeze a fresh lemon, now I have the bottle on standby and will always keep one.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.