Abe is having a nasty bleed on his head...help please!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=12710]HoldenIron[/MENTION] - Yes, please logged in just to check on Abe and see how's he's doing - and get an updated pic just like Christine.

How is Abe doing today? Can you post an updated picture?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am so relieved that you have found a GOOD vet,who actually CARED about Abe! Now he is on the road to recovery,and you have done the right thing! I am so proud that you did not give up! Prayers and good wishes for you and Abe! Thank you for not giving up!

OP
H

HoldenIron

Updating...sorry so late today...been very busy. Abe woke up this morning and still acted like he didn't feel good, didn't want to go out to use the restroom or eat r drink and when he came back in he headed straight back under the bed...

By afternoon he wandered out to the living room and wanted attention. So we loved on him awhile and he took his medicine. His wound is no longer bright red but a dark red/brown color.

By this evening he ate some and was drinking some...at supper he rolled into the kitchen sniffing around the stove looking for stuff we might have dropped on the floor.

I would say as the day progressed he seemed to act like he was feeling better.

I will get a new picture up in the morning and update again after breakfast.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying for Abe, so wonderful to hear that he is feeling better. I Love You Abe.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Updating...sorry so late today...been very busy. Abe woke up this morning and still acted like he didn't feel good, didn't want to go out to use the restroom or eat r drink and when he came back in he headed straight back under the bed...

By afternoon he wandered out to the living room and wanted attention. So we loved on him awhile and he took his medicine. His wound is no longer bright red but a dark red/brown color.

By this evening he ate some and was drinking some...at supper he rolled into the kitchen sniffing around the stove looking for stuff we might have dropped on the floor.

He seems to be slowly coming around... so good to hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I can't believe all I just read and how awful you must feel…I would be a basket case! I'm so sorry - poor baby! I'm so sorry for all you've been going through, it kills me when bullys have pain…they are so rugged and tough but still so vulnarable and need so much TLC. When is Abe's follow up appt? I'm so happy you found a GOOD vet, I would be doing my own investigation on that first vet and reading up on the laws…keep track of all your spendings, I would consult an attorney about liability…there is no way that poor baby should have suffered like that and the fact that they just diagnosed him over the phone?!! Sent you to the freakin feed store to get an over the counter product….:censored::censored::censored::censored::nonono:

I'm praying for your baby to be okay…I would be so upset…I'm in tears just picturing your situation, but am so glad he seems to be on the mend!! Completely agree w/the bland home cooking…extra extra TLC for that baby right now, he needs it!! :heart::heart::heart:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Poor guy has been through alot this past week. Give him lots of love, he needs it to get better. I'm glad that he's slowly coming around - its expected with the meds now moving in his body. Give him any special treats or homemade bites he'll love to get his energy back up. Can't wait to see pics, and so happy and relieved that he's on the mend.

OP
H

HoldenIron

Today's update...Abe's still not feeling great but he was wanting a lot of attention today so we where happy to give it...still not wanting to eat or hardley drink...he might be eating 1 cup of food a day maybe. He's taking his pills like a good boy.
I did get nipped at today when trying to spray the wound with the Betagen spray...it still must really sting...he looks like he may still have one or two small spots that have a little infection/puss in it but that's a major improvement. Let me see if I can upload another pic...having a hard time every day when I try.

Attachments

• IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 86

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ouch :( ... try giving him bland diet for a few days. Rice and beef

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Agree like mentioned before boil up rice & ground beef, throw in a scrambled egg. He'll love it and hopefully eat a bit more.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am sorry Abe is having to go through this and I hate that your original vet was a real POS. I hate incompetence!!

Best wishes going forward

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ok....positive thoughts!!! He's doing his baby steps. Walking around the kitchen looking for food you dropped so he can eat is a great sign! I would add something to his bland diet as mentioned above, a scrabble egg. Good protein!

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Today's update...Abe's still not feeling great but he was wanting a lot of attention today so we where happy to give it...still not wanting to eat or hardley drink...he might be eating 1 cup of food a day maybe. He's taking his pills like a good boy.
I did get nipped at today when trying to spray the wound with the Betagen spray...it still must really sting...he looks like he may still have one or two small spots that have a little infection/puss in it but that's a major improvement. Let me see if I can upload another pic...having a hard time every day when I try.

Has it been determined that the Rabies Vaccination caused this? Was it unsterile needle or vaccine reaction?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So glad to see some improvement day by day. You should post the first "vets" name, so no one else will go there! Thank God for the last vet you found,who between you and he, are saving Abe's life!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.