Abe is having a nasty bleed on his head...help please!

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
Plus 10000000000000000000 get him to another vet or emergency no reason to watch him die he's 3 plenty of life in him after he heals go have a long chat with a lawyer about the other jackass vet.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
That vet needs reporting. Sent you home with a muzzle? You had to take care of his wounds? Unbelievable. They could have given him a local and cleaned everything so no muzzle would have been needed. I am totally shocked at the treatment you received from this quack. I do hope your boy is getting the help he needs. Please take him to another vet ASAP. Praying for you and him.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
That vet needs reporting. Sent you home with a muzzle? You had to take care of his wounds? Unbelievable. They could have given him a local and cleaned everything so no muzzle...
The second Vet never saw the patient. OP said he was too sick to travel so they took pics to show Vet #2...which makes no sense to me. For a dog that is near death, there's no such thing as too sick to travel.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I can not believe that owner gave up so easily. Hopefully you have seen another vet, and the first vet should lose his license(if he has one!) I am really upset by this. I am hoping and praying that you have taken Abe to somewhere for help. How could you give up so easily?! [MENTION=12710]HoldenIron[/MENTION] It is making me sick.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
This is one of the saddest posts I've ever read. If ever there was a time to be proactive and assertive this is it. I'd be banging down doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H

HoldenIron

Abe made it through the night and actually he appeared to have slept better than he did the last few days. I'm trying to get in to see another vet. His wound looks better but still pretty bad. Going to clean and disenfect again in a little while and give him his medicine. I really think the good disenfecting and cleaning we gave him yesterday really helped.

I talked again yesterday with the vet that did the procedure and gave him the vaccine and she was quick to tell me although she was sorry for Abe's condition we where notified that any and all procedures and vaccines for an English Bulldog was dangerous and that's why they had us sign waivers for liability prior to leaving him with them because he is consider very high risk. She said we could bring him back in but she could not guarantee anything and that we would still would be bound by the waivers for liability if anything happens to him. At this point I don't want him going anywhere near that clinic.

i wish now I would not have gone down this road to start with.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank God he is still okay. PLEASE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, get him to another vet, maybe an emergency one... they are equipped to handle situations like this. Don't dare take him that that piece of crap vet that should have their license pulled. How dare they. It makes my blood boil. He could probably use some good IV fluids that will help his body fight harder to get rid of that infection. What meds did they give you? Are you going to be able to get him to a vet today??? Please please! Keep us posted. We are all very concerned for sweet Abe. I'm sure that hurts, some pain meds will help ease him as well. Don't just give up on him, or let him keep suffering.

Abe made it through the night and actually he appeared to have slept better than he did the last few days. I'm trying to get in to see another vet. His wound looks better but still pretty bad. Going to clean and disenfect again in a little while and give him his medicine. I really think the good disenfecting and cleaning we gave him yesterday really helped.

I talked again yesterday with the vet that did the procedure and gave him the vaccine and she was quick to tell me although she was sorry for Abe's condition we where notified that any and all procedures and vaccines for an English Bulldog was dangerous and that's why they had us sign waivers for liability prior to leaving him with them because he is consider very high risk. She said we could bring him back in but she could not guarantee anything and that we would still would be bound by the waivers for liability if anything happens to him. At this point I don't want him going anywhere near that clinic.

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer

You tell that mother F***er they are going to have a bigger liability if they don't make it right. Give me the name and number please I got a few things I would like to tell them in fact I'm contacting a lawyer for you I know a good guy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

What a crock!

Are you near any of these vet offices... these are all recommended by members at one time, it is always best to have a bulldog experienced vet for just this reason. Sending loads of prayers to you and your boy!

Veterinary Center at Fishhawk
Dr. Katie Thompson or Dr. Ben Stading
Lithia, FL
813-681-9080

Paws & Claws Veterinary Hospital
Dr. Otfried Guhrt
Tallehassee, FL
850-906-0444

Lake Alfred Animal Hospital
Dr. Mary McDaniel
Lake Alfred, FL
863-956-5700

Tuttle Animal Medical Clinic
Dr. Steve Koch DVM
Sarasota, FL
941-955-0136

Animal Medical Center
Dr. Ashlee Puckett
Gulf Breeze, FL
850-932-6085

Animal Cancer Care Clinic
Dr. Stephanie Correa (Oncologist)
Dr. Tacy Rupp (Cardio-pulmonary issues)
Dr. Melissa Knieriem
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Also has offices in Palm Beach and Martin Counties
www.animalcancerclinic.com

Sunset Pet Hospital
Dr. Ricardo Caballero
Miami, Florida
305-816-9990

Coastal Veterinary Hospital
13431 Beach Blvd (Beach/Hodges)
Jacksonville, FL 32246
904-223-4360

www.coastalvethospital.com

Highland Pet Hospital
Dr. Beverly Brimacomb
5631 US Hwy 98 South

Lakeland, FL 33813
863-644-6634
www.highlandpethospital.net

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

I am in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. Where are you in FL?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I would like to cut loose & use bad language but have learned temperance in my old age.

Also, I'm more overwhelmingly heartbroken for all Abe has had to suffer & still suffering :(

No matter what caused this issue, the Vet should have sedated then shaved the wound and
cleansed it. Then given IV fluids & pain meds and antibiotics.

As all are suggesting here, please take to a different Vet to get Abe some relief asap and meds
to stop infection or it will be a miracle that he lives thru this.

You can buy large syringes at Walmart to feed puppies, use to syringe water and/or diluted (unsalted)
beef broth into the sides of his mouth (warm slightly). Once he seems interested, cook plain white rice,
add beef broth and cooked, boiled hamburger (drained) & mix together, can serve in 1 cup meals every
4 hrs or so until he's stronger. Leave fresh, cold water down at all times to tempt him to drink, give ice
cubes, etc and keep up syringing water into his mouth.

Praying, praying, praying for Abe & y'all.

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I would like to cut loose & use bad language but have learned temperance in my old age.

Also, I'm more overwhelmingly heartbroken for all Abe has had to suffer & still suffering :(

No matter what caused this issue, the Vet should have sedated then shaved the wound and
cleansed it. Then given IV fluids & pain meds and antibiotics.

As all are suggesting here, please take to a different Vet to get Abe some relief asap and meds
to stop infection or it will be a miracle that he lives thru this.

You can buy large syringes at Walmart to feed puppies, use to syringe water and/or diluted (unsalted)
beef broth into the sides of his mouth (warm slightly). Once he seems interested, cook plain white rice,
add beef broth and cooked, boiled hamburger (drained) & mix together, can serve in 1 cup meals every
4 hrs or so until he's stronger. Leave fresh, cold water down at all times to tempt him to drink, give ice
cubes, etc and keep up syringing water into his mouth.

Praying, praying, praying for Abe & y'all.

Great great straightforward advice and directions.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I just can not believe what I'm reading,

I pray Abe gets some help from someone and is treated right for this if it was me I wouldn't wait for an appointment I would just take him to the emergency vet straight away.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I just can not believe what I'm reading,

I pray Abe gets some help from someone and is treated right for this if it was me I wouldn't wait for an appointment I would just take him to the emergency vet straight away.

Yes...at this point, I believe Julie is correct, get him to an ER Vet & please update us!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
The second Vet never saw the patient. OP said he was too sick to travel so they took pics to show Vet #2...which makes no sense to me. For a dog that is near death, there's no such thing as too sick to travel.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was so mad I couldn't see straight! I hope he has seen a vet by now. If you have an emergency, any vet will see you, at least in my experience. It doesn't have to be an emergency vet. I am sorry to say I have picked up too many creatures by the side of the road and I have never come across a vet that didn't rise to the occasion. This is not a time to wait for an appointment.

Members online

No members online now.