Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Abe is having a nasty bleed on his head...help please!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Abe is having a nasty bleed on his head...help please!

I would be all over that vet. But for now it's having Abe getting healthy. Must be a way for him to see a vet. Craddle him in your arms and have someone drive to the vet. Sending Abe positive vibes......

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Please get him to another vet, an ER vet anyone.... just scoop him up and take him. This doesn't seem like something that should take his life, please! If he hasn't eaten or drank they need to put him IV fluids. I can't believe the vet you took him too just let you go home. He probably needs to be admitted for a few days in urgent care.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldenIron View Post
    Well gang I promised to keep you updated...Abe is just about gone I'm sad to say...he hasn't eaten since Saturday night...and until this morning he wouldn't drink either, we did manage to get fluids in him after breakfast time...he crawled under the bed last night and didn't want to come out...

so fearing the worst we had that "what if talk" with our sons this morning ages 8 and 10...after talking to the one other Vet in our area and showing pictures (Abe is to sick to travel) she agreed Abe probably had a severe reaction to the rabies vaccine..she gave us a full head muzzle and sent us home with more medicine.

we muzzled him and was able to cut out most of the skin and fur that had turned into a nasty lesion and looked like an abcess...it was horrible to say the least. I have never seen so much puss and dead skin coming off with the fur attached...I have to admit I had to stop once and go throw up...the smell was to much....we poured almost 2 quart sized bottles of peroxide on the wound and got it cleaned up pretty good.

His favorite things in the world is peanut butter and bacon...we tried putting his pills first in peanut butter and then rolled them in bacon but he wouldn't even eat that...I got bit trying to force them down his mouth.

my little boys are heart broke, my dog is almost dead and I'm mad as hell at the Vet that did this....if any of you pray please pray for Abe tonight...it will be touch and go for a few days I'm afraid if we got the infection cleaned out in time.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Get him to an emergency Vet Now! He's not too weak to travel anywhere! If he's just going to die then what difference could too weak to travel make? He needs IV fluids and IV antibiotics. He needs a competent Vet. Please take him NOW!

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and dozer
    Likes (Received)

Plus 10000000000000000000 get him to another vet or emergency no reason to watch him die he's 3 plenty of life in him after he heals go have a long chat with a lawyer about the other jackass vet.

5. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster 2013 - Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 RIP
    Likes (Received)

That vet needs reporting. Sent you home with a muzzle? You had to take care of his wounds? Unbelievable. They could have given him a local and cleaned everything so no muzzle would have been needed. I am totally shocked at the treatment you received from this quack. I do hope your boy is getting the help he needs. Please take him to another vet ASAP. Praying for you and him.

Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

7. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    That vet needs reporting. Sent you home with a muzzle? You had to take care of his wounds? Unbelievable. They could have given him a local and cleaned everything so no muzzle...
    The second Vet never saw the patient. OP said he was too sick to travel so they took pics to show Vet #2...which makes no sense to me. For a dog that is near death, there's no such thing as too sick to travel.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I can not believe that owner gave up so easily. Hopefully you have seen another vet, and the first vet should lose his license(if he has one!) I am really upset by this. I am hoping and praying that you have taken Abe to somewhere for help. How could you give up so easily?! @HoldenIron It is making me sick.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

This is one of the saddest posts I've ever read. If ever there was a time to be proactive and assertive this is it. I'd be banging down doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes Manydogs, TyTysmom, Ftse 100 liked this post
    HoldenIron

Abe made it through the night and actually he appeared to have slept better than he did the last few days. I'm trying to get in to see another vet. His wound looks better but still pretty bad. Going to clean and disenfect again in a little while and give him his medicine. I really think the good disenfecting and cleaning we gave him yesterday really helped.

I talked again yesterday with the vet that did the procedure and gave him the vaccine and she was quick to tell me although she was sorry for Abe's condition we where notified that any and all procedures and vaccines for an English Bulldog was dangerous and that's why they had us sign waivers for liability prior to leaving him with them because he is consider very high risk. She said we could bring him back in but she could not guarantee anything and that we would still would be bound by the waivers for liability if anything happens to him. At this point I don't want him going anywhere near that clinic.

i wish now I would not have gone down this road to start with.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Thank God he is still okay. PLEASE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, get him to another vet, maybe an emergency one... they are equipped to handle situations like this. Don't dare take him that that piece of crap vet that should have their license pulled. How dare they. It makes my blood boil. He could probably use some good IV fluids that will help his body fight harder to get rid of that infection. What meds did they give you? Are you going to be able to get him to a vet today??? Please please! Keep us posted. We are all very concerned for sweet Abe. I'm sure that hurts, some pain meds will help ease him as well. Don't just give up on him, or let him keep suffering.

Abe made it through the night and actually he appeared to have slept better than he did the last few days. I'm trying to get in to see another vet. His wound looks better but still pretty bad. Going to clean and disenfect again in a little while and give him his medicine. I really think the good disenfecting and cleaning we gave him yesterday really helped.

I talked again yesterday with the vet that did the procedure and gave him the vaccine and she was quick to tell me although she was sorry for Abe's condition we where notified that any and all procedures and vaccines for an English Bulldog was dangerous and that's why they had us sign waivers for liability prior to leaving him with them because he is consider very high risk. She said we could bring him back in but she could not guarantee anything and that we would still would be bound by the waivers for liability if anything happens to him. At this point I don't want him going anywhere near that clinic.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and dozer
    Likes (Received)

You tell that mother F***er they are going to have a bigger liability if they don't make it right. Give me the name and number please I got a few things I would like to tell them in fact I'm contacting a lawyer for you I know a good guy.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

What a crock!

Are you near any of these vet offices... these are all recommended by members at one time, it is always best to have a bulldog experienced vet for just this reason. Sending loads of prayers to you and your boy!

Veterinary Center at Fishhawk
    Dr. Katie Thompson or Dr. Ben Stading
    Lithia, FL
    813-681-9080

Paws & Claws Veterinary Hospital
    Dr. Otfried Guhrt
    Tallehassee, FL
    850-906-0444

Lake Alfred Animal Hospital
    Dr. Mary McDaniel
    Lake Alfred, FL
    863-956-5700

Tuttle Animal Medical Clinic
    Dr. Steve Koch DVM
    Sarasota, FL
    941-955-0136

Animal Medical Center
    Dr. Ashlee Puckett
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    850-932-6085

Animal Cancer Care Clinic
    Dr. Stephanie Correa (Oncologist)
    Dr. Tacy Rupp (Cardio-pulmonary issues)
    Dr. Melissa Knieriem
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Also has offices in Palm Beach and Martin Counties
    www.animalcancerclinic.com

Sunset Pet Hospital
    Dr. Ricardo Caballero
    Miami, Florida
    305-816-9990

Coastal Veterinary Hospital
    13431 Beach Blvd (Beach/Hodges)
    Jacksonville, FL 32246
    904-223-4360

www.coastalvethospital.com

Highland Pet Hospital
    Dr. Beverly Brimacomb
    5631 US Hwy 98 South

Lakeland, FL 33813
    863-644-6634
    www.highlandpethospital.net
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Remove Ads