Salt Water ?

L

lauraLDO

Hi All

I'm new to Bulldogs and have a beautiful 10week old puppy Winston. He was at the Vets on Thursday and we discussing is nose folds as they are slightly red. She recommended salt water up to 4 times a day on cotton wool, a wipe on wipe off process. Has anyone tried this ? I've read a lot about the medicated wipes.

Thank you xx

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Never heard of this, interesting. We use witch hazel on cotton ball, or sensitive baby wipe. And if its irritated, a little bit of desitin. (baby ointment)

AdorabullHenry

Jun 9, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I have never heard of the salt water, but I could see it working to dry it out because you really want to keep all the foods dry. Witch hazel is what I use and it works really well. But make sure you get 100% witch hazel. Medicated wipes are amazing, literal miracles. I got some when Henry had a tail pocket infection and I've had them on hand since, I've used them when he got yeasty in between his toes and it goes away super quickly. Your issue doesn't sound like it needs that yet though, I would try the witch hazel.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Keep up posted as I never heard this either.... we use witch hazel as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

lauraLDO

Hi All

We are nearly at the end of week 1 and it does look better, we do this just as he wakes up from his many naps but only 4 times a day it has not removed all the red on the skin but there is visible improvement from last week.

I will give an update next week x and look into a good source of 100% witch hazel in the uk x thanks for the support x

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have always used a very week mixture of betadene and water as advised by the vet when FTSE was a baby and this always worked good for him only need a couple of drops in a little water.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online