Help Needed! Irritating skin

Annisa

Jan 12, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Gave dog bath couple of days ago and now she has hard hair patches so gave another bath and now hair is falling out and skin is red and diamond is very itchy..

Attachments

• 1484276811463-1699817605.jpg
    1484276811463-1699817605.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 158

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ok I would definitely stop w/the bathes... she needs to see a vet and have a skin scrape done. This could be allergy related, but you need to make sure it's not staph...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Agree, no more baths, and whatever you were using shampoo wise needs to go in the trash.
This needs a vet visit, looks pretty bad and will likely need meds to heal up. Poor girl. Skin scrape and check for staph.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Definitely ditch that shampoo!

I can't tell from the picture are the patches wet? Doesn't look exactly like a hot spot, but you want to be careful it doesn't get infected and turn into one. I'd try to get a same day vet appointment and take her in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gave dog bath couple of days ago and now she has hard hair patches so gave another bath and now hair is falling out and skin is red and diamond is very itchy..

What did her skin look like before the bath? Were you bathing due to something being there? I would shave the area and let it clear/dry out. How old is she?

OP
A

Annisa

Jan 12, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
She was fine until we gave her a bath same soap we have always used than the next day i noticed some of hair was hard to touch so i told me husband to give her another bad thinking maybe it was spots we didnt get the soap out and than after bath the hair came out... no skin is not wet. She is acting fine as usual we are haveing a very bad winter this year and she is dryer than usual.

OP
A

Annisa

Jan 12, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
She was fine until we gave her a bath same soap we have always used than the next day i noticed some of hair was hard to touch so i told me husband to give her another bad thinking maybe it was spots we didnt get the soap out and than after bath the hair came out... no skin is not wet. She is acting fine as usual we are haveing a very bad winter this year and she is dryer than usual.

OP
A

Annisa

Jan 12, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
I am currently using cocanut oil on it so she is not so dry and itchy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am currently using cocanut oil on it so she is not so dry and itchy

I'm wondering if it was the start of a hotspot before you gave her the first bath but didn't see it ... they can be hidden and come out if no where quick.

I would shave the area and let it dry a bit

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I'm wondering if it was the start of a hotspot before you gave her the first bath but didn't see it ... they can be hidden and come out if no where quick.

I would shave the area and let it dry a bit

Yes, it does look like a hotspot, doesn't it? If you haven't dealt with them before, take her to a vet. They come from nowhere and spread very quickly. If dealt with properly hotspots disappear fairly quickly.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.